Intermediate Mechanical Engineer: Harvey 2414
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Vancouver office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept report.
- Coordinate with other disciplines internally as well as externally with consultants and architects
- Prepare the contract documents including the specifications.
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase.
- Work with the field review team during the construction phase and ensure ASHRAE compliance and LEED where applicable.
- Update the schedule regularly as agreed to for the project
- Evaluate shop drawing reviews.
- Provide the Project Manager with various status reports
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Assist in sourcing new work and maintaining existing client base
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) or Eligibility for licensing in the Province of British Columbia
- 5 - 7+ years of engineering and/or design coordination experience in the consulting industry
- Experience in multi-disciplined project coordination and management
- Proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Require comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, complemented with a strong knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Experience conducting site visits would be an asset.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Knowledge of Canadian/American Engineering standards
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision-making
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
- Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available
Peformance bonus is available