Intermediate Marine Mechanical Design Engineers: Harvey 2567
We are currently looking for 2 Intermediate Marine Mechanical Engineers, 1 for Victoria, BC, and 1 intermediate Marine Mechanical Engineer for Burnaby BC.
Our company is a partnership of Marine Professionals providing services in Engineering, Project Support and Consulting to the Canadian marine industry.
We enjoy collaborating with clients and colleagues to provide innovative solutions to complex marine problems.
We implement the latest technology, in engineering tools and new vessel technology, to provide a competitive advantage for ourselves and our customers.
As the Marine Mechanical Engineer, you will work within the mechanical engineering group for new design and vessel refits projects which vary in complexity and size, from small equipment installations to whole vessel detail designs.
Work will vary from on-site to office work.
On-site inspection / surveys work will consist of 3D laser scanning, condition inspections, NDT surveys, data gathering and commissioning support.
Design office work will make up most of the tasks and will consist of new design to refit design engineering work.
Engineering work includes all phases, from concept to production design, including but not limited to concept/class level design, equipment selection, fluid flow analysis, heat/mass transfer, and implementation engineering.
- Design and drafting of marine systems using AutoCAD and other 3D modelling software.
- Carry out our input system design calculations using Pipe Flow, MS Excel, etc. that meet class and regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Design of marine propulsion systems, calculations, and associated production level deliverables
- Write and provide input to specifications for refit or new vessel designs.
- Development of weight estimates and input data for system design
- 3D modelling and CAD drawing tasks for production level deliverables.
- Perform 3D scanning and implementation of virtual reality (VR) design reviews, provide input to training and VR procedures.
- Providing input to budgets, schedules, and proposals for engineering projects
- Represent the company to the marine industry to further build the company reputation as the place for reliable, responsive, and affordable engineering.
Note: it is anticipated that the candidate will be required to visit vessels and shipyards for various project tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent
- Hold, or be eligible for, EIT or Professional Engineers License to practice in British Columbia. (P.Eng. required for senior engineer position).
- Experience working in a shipyard or ship repair environment preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies:
- Demonstrated a high degree of technical knowledge and innovative engineering.
- Demonstrated effective abilities to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical writing skills to produce concise written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong design and drafting skills for marine systems.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software such as Rhinoceros 3D, SolidWorks, or ANSYS SpaceClaim
- Working knowledge of ShipConstructor an asset.
- Working knowledge of ACAD software and Microsoft Office software suite.
- Availability and willingness to travel and conduct ship survey work including surveying of confined spaces.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and compliance with all safety laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and prioritization abilities.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is open depending on experience.
A benefit package is available after 3 months include:
- Competitive salaries based on experience and value added.
- A bonus scheme based on individual and company performance.
- A flexible work schedule and environment
- Extended dental and health benefits
- Employee mentorship
- Open door leadership philosophy
- Open floor plan design / collaborative working space
Manufacturing and Production