Junior to Senior Marine Electrical Engineers: Harvey 2565
We are currently looking for Intermediate to Senior level Marine Electrical Engineer for our Victoria office, and a Junior or Intermediate Marine Electrical Engineer, for our Burnaby office.
Our company is a partnership of Marine Professionals providing services in Engineering, Project Support and Consulting, to the Canadian marine industry, and we provide innovative solutions to complex marine problems.
We implement the latest technology, in engineering tools and new vessel technology, to provide a competitive advantage for ourselves and our customers.
As our Marine Electrical Engineer, you will bring your high degree of technical knowledge and innovative engineering to provide turnkey solutions to marine installations, on small work boats to large ferry installations.
You will be primarily responsible for all aspects of engineering design of new design and vessel refits from concept through to implementation.
Projects vary in complexity and size, from small equipment installations to whole vessel detail design.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Design of marine systems using AutoCAD and other specific electrical engineering software
- Develop single line diagrams and distribution plans.
- Perform load analyses and fault current analysis on whole ship design and component installations in existing configurations.
- Develop electrical ship propulsion design with various modes of energy creation and storage systems utilizing high voltage AC and DC systems.
- Develop routing and interconnections diagrams, lighting design.
- Write and review specifications for refit or new vessel designs.
- Prepare technical specifications and tender packages for equipment, including medium and low voltage switchgear, low voltage motor control centers, and low voltage electrical equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Hold a Professional Engineers License to practice in British Columbia
- (intermediate / senior positions) or hold an Engineer in Training designation (junior/intermediate positions).
- Senior position: Minimum 10 years in a design office / shipyard with experience in refit/new vessel projects.
- Intermediate position: 3 to10 years in a design office / shipyard with experience in refit/new vessel projects.
- Junior position: 3 years in a design office / shipyard with experience in refit/new vessel projects.
- Experience working in a shipyard or ship repair environment preferred.
- Familiarity with BC marketplace for ship operators and or ferry operators is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of electrical power systems.
- Knowledge of PLC based instrumentation and control systems (nice to have).
- Strong technical writing skills needed to produce concise written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and engagement with clients.
- Working knowledge of ACAD software and of Microsoft Office suite.
- Availability and willingness to travel and conduct ship survey works including in confined spaces.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and compliance with all safety laws.
- Participate in industry activities, staying abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, products, and software tools.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on exerience
Benefits package available after 3 months, including:
- Extended dental and health benefits including, MSP premium coverage
- A flexible work environment
- Funded educational and training opportunities.
- Employee mentorship program
- Open door leadership philosophy
- Open floor plan design / collaborative working space
- We value our people, our environment, and strive to make our careers exciting and enjoyable.