MECHANICAL OR MATERIALS PRINCIPLE ENGINEER: Harvey 2392
We are currently looking for an Intermediate to Senior Mechanical or Materials Principal Engineer.
Our company is a leading supplier of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) equipment, for vehicle fueling, and industrial applications.
- Our products include compressors, dispensers, storage systems, CNG parts and technical services.
- The Principle Engineer works as part of the Engineering team on assigned projects, specifically focusing on diaphragm compressor equipment design, performance, quality and reliability for hydrogen applications.
- This role will be central to managing the program to develop a new hydrogen compressor including supervising design engineers both internal and external to the company.
- The role is also expected to manage aspects of the program budget, bringing the project through the phase gate development process working with staff in two separate plants.
(Reports To): General Manager
- Supervises and directs staff on specific projects related to hydrogen compressors.
- The staff will also comprise external contractors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the engineering development of a diaphragm compressor optimized for hydrogen.
- Develop schedules and program budgets in collaboration with the broader team.
- Manage a small engineering team comprised of internal and external resources.
- Follow the product development process.
- Plan and execute research and development projects.
- Perform root cause analysis for critical design and quality issues.
- Perform fault and solution tree problem solving.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to the design engineering staff.
- Perform compressor calculations to size and specify key components on the equipment.
- Communicate technically complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Communicate with vendors and customers.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Recommend improvements to current design of products.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Perform root cause analysis for critical design and quality issues
- Know and understand workplace health and safety rights and responsibilities.
- Follow safe work procedures and act safely in the workplace at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment within the department and on each job.
- Use the protective clothing, devices, and equipment required for the job.
- Complete all applicable quality records.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Mechanical or materials engineer with experience designing diaphragm compressors.
- 5 -10 years’ plus of experience leading a product development and design team.
- Strong knowledge of hydrogen and its properties and behavior with materials is an asset.
Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Project Management
- Experience with new product development and implementation
- Design verification and validation
- Development of test protocols
- Regularly required to stand walk or sit; use hands to operate computers, office equipment
- Use vision and hearing dealing with communication and office materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Italian language proficiency, would be an asset.
- Strong proficiency, with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with, ERP and MRP software.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and provide solutions using sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on working experience
Benefits package is available