A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We are seeking a Senior Chemical Engineer to join our water treatment team in any of our Canadian Offices. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of water and wastewater treatment projects in the areas of industrial, mine water and municipal. #WeAre WSP #globalmining A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Integration with our water treatment group and other related groups in Canada and across North America, and being pro-active with your verbal and written communication to develop required relationships;
- Project Manager and/or Process Lead role for a variety of projects;
- Ownership of projects to ensure quality delivery on-time and on-budget;
- Strategic business development, client relationship building, and leading proposal development to win treatment projects and maintain project backlog;
- Communication and coordination with team members, other WSP groups, equipment vendors, clients, and sub-contractors;
- Preparation of technical reports, specifications, process schematics, and layout drawings, including review of deliverables produced by junior and intermediate colleagues;
- Analysis and design regarding water treatment projects: process and technology selection, equipment sizing and specification, mass balance, hydraulic analysis, 3D layout, including review of analysis and design by junior and intermediate colleagues;
- Mentoring and on-the-job training for junior and intermediate colleagues.
- Project management of multiple simultaneous projects, including project resource management (in conjunction with other team seniors) and personal time management;
- Providing project support for other senior staff as required;
- Supporting the management team with budgeting, strategy development and execution, staff reviews, and delivering training programs.
- Primarily office-based consulting engineering work with some opportunities for business travel and fieldwork.
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering;
- Currently registered as P.Eng in a Canadian province;
- 15+ years relevant working experience in consulting engineering;
- Required experience in water treatment, with experience in metallurgy being an asset;
- Experience with HYSIM/HYSIS or OLI software packages an asset;
- Strong project management and discipline lead skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills to assist project delivery with complex teams, and with mentoring and training colleagues;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, with French skills being an asset;
- Strong organizational skills in both information management and time management;
- Experienced in business development and building client relationships;
- Experienced with project management and project delivery according to quality standards;
- Proven record of independently leading successful projects;
- Detailed design, procurement, construction management, and commissioning experience is an asset;
- Graduate degree(s) are an asset; and,
- Valid driver's license.
Expected Salary (all locations): $119,200 - $202,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.