is currently seeking a motivated Senior Civil Engineer
, with significant experience in municipal, water and wastewater, site drainage, and infrastructure upgrades projects in our Vancouver
office. Reporting to the Director Conveyance-Western Canada, the Senior Engineer will lead and facilitate design and studies for water & wastewater conveyance infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on a wide range of water infrastructure projects, both locally and nationwide. Projects can include design and construction of water distribution and wastewater conveyance systems, including pipelines, pump stations & reservoirs. It is expected that the senior engineer is comfortable in taking a role mentoring and training junior engineers. As a key member of the team, you may deal directly with clients and approval agencies.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#LI-HybridA day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Provide technical design support for infrastructure design including sanitary sewers, water mains, site layout, utility layout, grading, cut and fill (site optimization) and drainage
- Independently create detailed designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for water and wastewater pipelines
- Make independent assessment of engineering problems and recommend solutions to engineering discipline leads, resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner
- Provide construction support services, including design clarifications, shop drawing reviews, response to RFIs, site visits, attend meetings, etc.
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions
- Provide mentorship to junior staff and support to the peers.
- Take technical and time management responsibilities of tasks and delegate effectively to junior staff
- Take technical leadership role in project delivery
- Serve as Project Manager for projects of different levels of complexity and size
- Work closely within the Civil Engineering Department as well as Process, Mechanical, ICE, and other interfacing groups.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, drafters, inspectors, and support staff
- Leading and/or participating in client development activities, assessing potentials, assisting with position and capture strategies, proposals, and presentation efforts for the civil aspects of Water/Wastewater pipeline and pump station design projects
- Interacting directly with various personnel in our Client's organisations, including face to face progress meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 20+ years of technical engineering skills
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field required, Master's degree a plus
- Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration with EGBC
- Experience with sewer lining and renewals, trenchless technologies and applications would be an asset.
- Experience should encompass hydraulic evaluations, conceptual/feasibility studies, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services
- Knowledge of intake and outfall design, diffusers design would be advantageous.
- Experience should encompass wastewater infrastructure investigations, assessments and designs for land development, asset renewals, urban capacity or treatment upgrades.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with team members, clients, and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients in a professional and technical manner.
- Must be willing to take responsibility for their own performance and internally motivated to set and achieve goals/targets.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.