is currently seeking a motivated Lead Civil Engineer, Water
with significant experience in managing and leading diverse project teams in the evaluation, design and construction of pipelines, pump stations and reservoirs in our Downtown Vancouver Office
. Reporting to the Director Conveyance (Western Canada), the lead Civil Engineer will lead and facilitate planning and engineering studies for water infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on projects for municipal clients, leading major municipal water & wastewater pipelines and pump station projects including planning, feasibility studies, preliminary design, detailed design, and constructability assessments. As a key member of the team, you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Manage and deliver work on water & wastewater pump stations, pipelines, reservoir projects to the customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management
- Leading the analysis, design, construction administration, and preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications and estimates for various water/wastewater, pipeline, and pump station design projects
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Take technical and management responsibility of tasks and delegate effectively to junior staff
- Ability to work well with a dynamic and ambitious team. Help us deliver on several high profile city and catchment studies, support our busy detailed design teams, push our digital boundaries and work with us to deliver a bright future for our conveyance team
- Interacting directly with various personnel in our Client's organisations, including face to face progress meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 15+ years of technical engineering skills in water/wastewater pipelines, pump stations design
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required, Master's degree a plus
- Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration with EGBC
- Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
- Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents
- Experience delivering technical and business presentations; Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct development of large projects and pursuits with complex features
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials
- Ability to work independently and
- Ability to mentor junior staff
Expected Salary (all locations): $99 300 - $168 900
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.