is currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our Water department, located at our project site locations in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Director, this position will be responsible for managing the construction administration team and construction contracts on behalf of a client for a major water - wastewater projects.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Key support for the Project Director as a member of the Project Leadership Team.
- Be a part of a team of Project Managers, Engineers, Contract Administrators, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor / client negotiations.
- Help manage contractors perform the work in line with the contract requirements.
- Monitor the construction contractor's safety program and provide verification of the contractor's fulfillment of contractual obligations regarding safety.
- Facilitate construction management meetings between Contractors, the Owner, Engineering, and other key stakeholders. Provide the Project Manager with key details from these meetings identifying any construction risks and issues.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly construction progress updates and construction summary reports and coordinate, document, and attend meetings.
- Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, and change management systems. Review of the construction contractor's submittals and shop drawings, as required.
- Provide interpretation of drawings, specifications, and other design related documentation
- Coordinate the activities and input of the client's staff and the Design Engineer Team
- Coordinate and attend partnering/team building meetings with the construction contractor.
- Coordinate technical input from the design team.
- Coordinate the acquisition of record information between the construction contractor and the Design Engineer Team
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 10+ years' of experience as a Construction Manager or Construction Officer, (as a Contractor or an Owner's Representative) on water/wastewater pump stations, pipeline, water/wastewater treatment plants projects.
- Demonstrated experience in construction of Wastewater Treatment Plant, Sewage Pumping Stations is an asset.
- Understanding and thorough knowledge of processing claims, construction lien act, contract, billing for consultants and financial acumen is a must.
- Experience in working for municipal client, will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising construction sites, safety, field engineering, site work inspections and work progress measurements relevant to the contemplated scope of Services for this Contract.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of design, engineering, and construction of projects with similar nature and magnitude.
- Experience using MS Project, MS OFFICE, BMS and AutoCAD
- You are a self-motivated leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Expected Salary (all locations): $72 600 - $123 400
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive