Automation Technical Outside Salesman: Harvey 2521
We are currently looking for an Automation Technical Outside salesman, with a strong knowledge of leading industrial automation technologies (DCS, PLC, Drives, MCCs) and solutions based selling, for a leading industrial automation Systems Integrator, and Electrical Contractor.
Our company provides engineered products and services to various industries across North America, including Forestry, Food and Beverage, Distribution Warehouses, and Airports.
Our technical focus includes:
High-performance AC drive systems, PLC and HMI programming, supervisory control and industrial IT services.
Responsibilities and duties:
Reporting to the Sales & BD Team Lead of our company, the primary responsibilities of these roles are to:
- Build relationships with Existing clients.
- Identify new target accounts
- Identify new business opportunities in the core market segments we serve.
With the support of the Sales & BD Team Lead:
- Perform market research to provide a solid understanding of the competitive landscape, future trends and new business opportunities.
- Assist with developing strategic marketing and business plan to enable diversification and growth of value-added opportunities in existing and new market segments, applications and industries.
- Assist with the development of business plans to identify new opportunities within our core market segments.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key clients and build relationships with new clients.
- Cultivate relationships from the plant level to a senior corporate level to maximize our business opportunities within those accounts.
- Assist with the development of the sales plan.
- Assist with the development of sales forecasts for the near term and future business to ensure a stable workflow and allow planning of long-term infrastructure and resources to support the business
- Manage relationships with supplier partners to provide a focused and coordinated strategy to maximize our mutual business opportunities efficiently.
- Present professionally developed quotes and proposals, to clients and aggressively close orders.
- Some travel required.
Project Lifecycle Support
- Kickoff meeting with the engineering and production teams.
- Liaison with customers, manage change orders, to ensure orderly project flow.
- Attend Lessons Learned meetings to support the creation of future proposals and quotes.
- Promote corporate core values of Teamwork, Quality, Safety, Customer Service, Integrity and Open, Respectful Communication.
- Substantial commercial, strategic & tactical selling skills.
- Proven track record for closing orders.
- Customer - focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable and experienced in developing high-level relationships with new and existing clients.
- Interacting at all levels within our company, our customers and our suppliers.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of leading industrial automation technologies (DCS, PLC, Drives, MCCs) and solutions-based selling.
- Ability to apply the knowledge to solve problems and improve customer productivity creatively.
- To be able to understand client’s critical needs/priorities and present solutions to help our clients be successful in meeting operational KPI goals through automation and electrical solutions.
- Experienced working in or with an automation integrator
- Drive to succeed, willing to take on new challenges and have a can-do attitude.
- Team player, adapt and be innovative in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A good understanding of mechanical systems would be an asset.
Qualifications and Education:
- Electrical / Electronic Technician / Technologist, or equivalent work experience.
- Eligible for membership in ASTTBC.
- Industrial electrical systems design/installations knowledge.
- 5 years plus of business experience, and experienced in strategic marketing, and automation solutions sales.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depeng on experience
Benefits package after 3 months
Sales and Marketing