Control Systems Student (MultiplePositions)
Williams Lake, BC
Slave Lake, AB8 Month Term – January 2, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Are you a student or a recent graduate looking to build your skills and gain meaningful automation and controls engineering work experience? Do you have a passion for technology and are you eager to take on new challenges? If so, we want to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, come join our team!
The Control Systems Student is a support role reporting to the Regional Control System Specialist, working on improvements to automation, controls and visualization. The student will be driven to find solutions and look for ways to improve processes. This position will be responsible for recommending methods to improve safety, quality, throughput and uptime, and will provide support to electrical personnel on shift. The role will involve industrial programming experience in plywood plants, and opportunities to work closely with highly experienced Process Control personnel.Here's what we’re looking for:
What Tolko will provide you:
- Current enrollment in an Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering program
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of electrical machines
- A passion for technology and programming
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and use own resources to find innovative solutions to new problems
Experience you will gain from this position:
- An opportunity to learn more about process improvement methods
- Experience with safety, quality, and production processes
- A solid team to support you
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereAbout Tolko:
- Troubleshooting live industrial automation processes
- PLC programming with Allen Bradley and Modicon PLCs and Studio 5000
- Programming for motors, VFDs, electric and hydraulic servo control
- Robotics applications
- HMI graphic display development in FactoryTalk View Studio
- Industrial networking
- Working in a diverse and interesting environment with challenging problems
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. And, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until end of day Thursday, November 3rd.
- A competitive compensation package based on year of study, including weekend overtime
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Management and Executive