Control Systems Specialist (20-monthterm position)
Williams Lake, British ColumbiaIND#123
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to contribute to our Lakeview Division, a key producer of Dimensional Lumber.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing controls solutions to improve plant safety, product quality, and production throughput. Control Systems Specialists are responsible for controls standards, PLC/HMI programming, equipment commissioning, troubleshooting of control system issues, as well as project support.
Reporting to the Regional Control Systems Specialist, the candidate will work closely with other Control Systems Specialists and individuals in other departments.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- 3 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment (Forest Products Manufacturing preferred)
- Post-Secondary Engineering Degree or Engineering Technician Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering
- Professional designation (P.Eng or A.Sc.T) is an asset
- Experience with PLC programming (Rockwell Studio 5000 preferred)
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (FactoryTalk View SE, Wonderware Galaxy preferred)
- Proficient with FactoryTalk software (Historian, View, Linx, AssetCentre, etc.)
- Motion Control and Variable Frequency Drive (VFDs) experience
- Ability to design and support Ethernet networks
- Ability to troubleshoot ControlNet/DeviceNet networks
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click
hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until a suitable pool of candidates is available.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Management and Executive