Project Manager/Estimator, Security: Harvey 2400
We are one of BC's most trusted name in electrical contracting, and we are currently looking for a Project Manager / Estimator, Security.
Our company prides itself on a tradition of excellence for our industrial, commercial and institutional customers.
In addition to electrical contracting, we are renowned for our project management & design skills across all of our divisions including Security, Data Networks, Automated Controls, and Electrical Preventative Maintenance.
We also provide service calls to businesses and home owners, including 24-hour emergency service.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to join our Security team in Burnaby, BC.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Regional Manager and will work closely with the field team (superintendent, foremen, and installers) and with the assigned office support (coordinators, designers, technicians, and accounting) to achieve project performance, budget and schedule targets.
• Identify potential business opportunities
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers, consultants, general contractors and end users
• Review contracts for onerous clauses and conditions • Manage project financial performance
• Estimate project costs, and submit tenders • Estimate changes
• Use Project Controls to provide analytics to project team
• Purchase materials and equipment
• Work with the foreman and superintendent as a team to review the project documents and discuss labour requirements and staffing
• Develop project schedules
• Manage the project and be present on project sites on a regular basis
• Complete the required paperwork to ensure that the job is billed out and Houle is paid
• Review reports labour status reports, job status reports etc.. to ensure accuracy and make adjustments where necessary
• Arrange for project manuals to be completed
• Ensure that all deficiencies are dealt with
• Ensure that as-built drawings are completed and sent to the owner
• Review the project at completion with the foreman and superintendent to discuss successes and challenges
Experience and Skills:
• Solid technical knowledge of Security Systems including CCTV and Access Control
• Experience working within the BC Security Industry and familiarity with local Consultants and Architects
• An acceptable combination of relevant education/training and project management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to sell Security related products and services
• Security system trades qualification and/or electrical trades qualification an asset
• Project estimating experience, with familiarity with Accubid software (Accubid Pro, Change Order) an asset
• Risk management and contract administration knowledge and/or experience desired
• IT, Networks and Communication systems knowledge is a definite asset
• Good computer skills. Office applications plus MS Project and MS Visio are a must. Working knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interact with project stakeholders, other Project Manager/Estimators, field team and office support resources
• Strong English language and communication skills You have a 'can do' natural right attitude and are always willing to learn.
You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional.
Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current working experience.
Competitive benefits package after 3 months, and many company sponsored events
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.Read More