• Execute the strategic vision for procuring raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods to support changing customer requirements • Transform the procurement team from a traditional, tactical group to a progressive, collaborative and strategic team, adding value • Evaluate, make recommendations, and develop organization-wide procurement policies and procedures for the implementation of standard best practices • Support regional manufacturing with ad-hoc request requiring supplier deliveries to meet customer requirements • Manage and mentor the Purchasing team, including setting performance objectives, regular team meetings, and communication direction, changes, and training • Create an efficient procurement culture based on strong process, continuous improvement, and team development • Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships and act as the key point of contact for all supplier escalations • Implement innovative ideas within the supply base and communicate to the business teams • Analyze complex situations and data, providing creative solutions to achieve desired results • Value the benefit of business and process changes through total cost and value analysis • Drive accountability and provide strong leadership to direct reports • Develop metrics and use data to drive continuous improvement into support of business management and strategy • Liaise with Engineering on material requirements for the transition of new and existing products into manufacturing
• Bachelor's degree required in business or technical field. • MBA a plus. • PMAC, SCMP, APICS, C.P.M. or equivalent certification.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a global team to achieve desired outcomes in US and Canada would be an asset. • 7 years' experience in a similar management role, within a manufacturing service environment, or supply chain organization. • Experience in a global medium to high volume mix manufacturing organization • Six Sigma Green/Black belt Certification, or equivalent lean manufacturing experience • Working knowledge of ERP systems, specifically SAP • Proven experience leading improvement initiatives with teams • Preference for operations management or supply chain background.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. • Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment with a daily sense of urgency. Taking initiative to solve problems and deliver results. • Ability to work in teams, maintaining a high level of communication and interaction. • Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company. • Strong business acumen, a passion for structured problem solving.
• Working in an office environment • Sitting for extended periods of time • Working primarily with computers and other office supplies