Job Description Manager SCM Business ImprovementRichmond, BC
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, Avigilon is seeking an experienced, highly qualified and capable Business Analyst Team Lead. This role will be responsible for managing a team of Business Analysts driving business problem/opportunity identification, requirements management, business process analysis, and reporting project progress to leadership.
• Responsible for process improvement projects by managing and coordinating or guiding Business Analysts within manufacturing and Supply Chain to develop solutions and support business processes enabled within SAP, Salesforce or enable with database development and other potential solution • Responsible for guiding Business Analysts with the analysis, design, development, implementation and support activities for equipment and instrumentation associated with the manufacturing of products • Provide oversight and guidance to Business Analysts on business requirements • Defining methodology and reviewing statistical analysis on data to ensure recommendations to key stakeholders achieve requirements of the business • Measures performance of solutions against process requirements • Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement • Evaluate current business processes, identify opportunities, and provide recommendations for changes to business processes using established methodology • Independently plan, prioritize, and coordinate complex and concurrent activities to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment • Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives • Manage projects from inception to conclusion • Develop forecasting models for process data • Track and monitor key projects or urgent requirements • Present analysis results to various groups and individuals, including senior management Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(indicate preferred or required)
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations • Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills • Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment • Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, SQL and working knowledge of VBA • In-depth SAP knowledge in manufacturing • Experience with forecasting • Self-motivated and action oriented, with demonstrated track record of pursuing work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation • Excellent verbal and written communication skills (reading, writing, listening, oral, presentation) Exceptional interpersonal skills; Able to build strong and successful long-term working relationships, Strong ability to achieve objectives by working with others in an organizational context • Ability to handle changing priorities and manage workload Education:
• Bachelor Degree in business administration, a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or an accounting designation or Diploma in Business Analytics, Economics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management • APICS Certification preferred Experience:
• Minimum 5 years prior experience in a similar Management role • Experience in Manufacturing areas and businesses • Experience with Agile is an asset Working Conditions
(i.e. lifting, standing for long periods)
• Working in an office environment • Sitting for extended periods of time • Working primarily with computers and other office supplies Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Manufacturing and Production