We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to join our Geotechnical Team based in our Prince George and Terrace offices.
As a Junior Geotechnical EIT, you will provide support to intermediate and senior level geotechnical engineers on a wide variety of projects throughout Yukon Territory, British Columbia, and beyond. Our professionals offer leadership, mentoring and opportunity to develop in a wide variety of geotechnical practice areas.
The position may involve significant time out of town on engaging field assignments. A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Providing technical services in both the field and office environments;
- Providing technical assistance in materials-related projects and tasks, including carrying out field testing of various materials on construction sites, in-situ density testing;
- In our Prince George facility, you'll have the opportunity to carry out laboratory testing in our CCIL certified materials laboratory!
- Performing construction site reconnaissance, inspections, and observations;
- Carrying out fieldwork, directing fieldwork operations for subsurface investigations including layout, supervising drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, site surveying to determine elevations at specific locations, sampling soil and groundwater, and preparing of detailed site sketches;
- Using specialized equipment and analytical software to prepare analyses, reports and technical drawings;
- Summarizing and analyzing findings from investigations and lab testing for report writing; and,
- Collaborating with and providing to other local and regionally based WSP teams including mining, coastal, civil, municipal, environmental, archaeology, and more.
- University or equivalent education or experience in Geotechnical/Civil Engineering;
- You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously - think the opposite of a monotonous standard 9-5 desk job!
- You've got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver's Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- Previous experience attending to active construction sites is an asset;
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Between 0 to 5 years' of relevant experience in the field of geotechnical and geological engineering;
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading geotechnical / geological consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team.
Expected Salary (all locations): $53,900 - $91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.