Do you have a passion for circuit and PCB design and product development? Get some hands-on experience on our Hardware Team in Burnaby!
Fortinet has an opportunity for a senior Hardware Developer to join for all aspects of the product development cycle including definition, implementation, and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross-functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology.Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required:
- Schematic design - including component selection, circuit capture, DRC check, and PCBA BOM.
- Board layout - including PCB stackup definition, component placement, detailed routing rule checking.
- Design consideration for high frequency, high density, low noise, and good DFX products.
- Support the contract manufacturer or JDM partners for PCB Gerber and manufacturing files.
- Board bring up, design verification, system reliability validation, and compliances tests.
- Analyze and resolve the design issues in the prototype stage to meet all specification requirements and delivery time to market.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience with Schematic capture and PCB design tools, especially Cadence Orcad and Allegro PCB layout tool
- 3+ years of experience in High-speed processors (such as Intel X86, Ethernet switches) design and PCB board routing.
- High-speed signal integrity design experience.
- Experienced with supporting the board manufacturer for circuit design, component placement, board routing, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Excellent lab skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Experience with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate related issues in design.
- Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills among teams and with vendors
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- PhD or Master degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Applied Science
#LI-MC1Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 450,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
Software and Programming Information Technology