June 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
The XR Developer will be leading the development of advanced visualization initiatives across Teck. As part of the Geospatial Solutions Team within Teck Digital Systems (TDS), they will support the design and creation of innovative applications which enhance communication and collaboration. They will provide solid knowledge and technical skillsets to support the delivery and use of XR products and projects, and continuously seek new ways to improve advanced visualization capabilities. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with Manager and extended team members to best utilize available tools and applications to develop advanced visualization solutions that all business units and operations
- Enable and expand the use of end products that provide value across business units and sites
- Oversee and lead the development, configuration, testing and implementation of XR products and platforms
- Broaden the impact and accessibility of Geospatial Solutions within the company
- Proactively craft and propose innovative solutions that assist Geospatial Solutions in bringing value to address critical business challenges
- Contribute to multi-year strategies to assist with technology change, adoption, and budgetary planning
- Work closely and actively with business units, sites, and external service providers to translate diverse needs related to differing stages of the mining business into recommended approaches for designs and workflows
- Identify new applications of advanced visualization platforms that increase business value and/or reduce costs
- Provide innovative approach to integrate and support system architectures and emerging digital transformation initiatives
- Implement technology solutions in a cost-effective manner by gathering requirements from partners and determining the most appropriate solutions based on business needs, timelines, and budget
- Assess and provide guidance on the development of spatial data standards for use in an XR environments
- Understand and participate in change management processes to enhance implementation outcomes
- Promote the company's commitment to sustainability, environment, and health and safety
- Continuously monitor various risk factors associated with project execution and take appropriate corrective action as required
- Proven experience designing and building advanced visualization products in game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine for use in XR, mobile and desktop applications and web browsers
- Practical experience programming in C++ and/or C#
- Experience developing for HoloLens, Vive, Oculus, and other platforms
- Knowledge of 3D design packages such as Navisworks, SketchUp, Revit, 3D MAX, Maya
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with data modeling, handling, and visualization within an application
- Experience with native development on iOS, Android or Windows
- Experience with ARFoundation, ARKit or ARCore
- Ability to troubleshoot XR systems
- Strong persuasive communication, presentation, facilitation and social skills and experience working with a broad range of technical and non-technical people from developers to management and directors
- Results oriented with excellent organizational, planning, program management and decision making skills
- Solutions focused with a dedication to respectful, inclusive, and sustainable community development
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies and learning new skills and ideas
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Developer, Social Media, Program Manager, GIS, Technology, Marketing, Management, Mining