Cheeky Monkey Media is expanding their team and you might be just the code monkey they need. The reason we are looking for another hand is because we like to deliver the best to our clients.
So, there is that part of the job. Here is what we really need from you in order to meet our needs and our customers' needs. You need to be able to code a WordPress template from scratch ( Yup, you better know what PHP is). What can we say, sometimes we have clients that have unique needs and we need you to be able to come through with even the not-so-common requests.
The WordPress Developer that we hire should be laid back, but also appreciate our monkey humour. We are located on Leckie Road in Kelowna, British Columbia, so we are looking to fill one full-time position for that office.
So, now that we have your attention, what are some perks to working with a bunch of people who call themselves monkeys?
- Flexibility: You get to choose your hours and that's pretty awesome. Your start time is also flexible. Because we roll like that.
- Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
- Diversity: Our team is not your average Developer team. We aim to please, but we also have a great time with it.
- Team Meetings: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
- Backup: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.
- Competitive Pay: Our pay scale is competitive, so we won't leave you out to starve. We value your talent and for that, you shall be rewarded.
Your Development duties will include:
- Always producing high-quality work and of course following the standards that Cheeky Monkey Media has set for itself.
- It's important that you are a deadline-oriented person. You have to be on time and available to take on small or larger projects. At some points in time, you may be asked to juggle several projects.
- Time management is a major part of your role. It's vital that you stick to the time estimated to finish the project. If more time is needed, then it's imperative that those concerns are addressed to the supervisor.
- Communication is just as important as the air you breathe here at Cheeky Monkey Media. You should be available and willing to chat with other members of the team. If there is ever an issue, hopefully, you would feel comfortable enough to talk to your manager.
- Team player mentality is also important. There are other Developers on the team and that means you should be willing to set aside your differences and work with them on a daily basis. At some point in time, you may also be asked to mentor a new Developer on the team.
The right Developer will also have experience in the following:
- At least 2 years of working with WordPress
- Outstanding HTML/CSS/JS (including HTML5 and CSS3)
- Using Sass or Less
- Comfortable writing PHP - sorry no "clickers"
- Always write clean semantic markup
- Working knowledge of back-end technologies and databases (PHP, MySQL)
- Good design sense
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of humour
Impress us with
- Knowing Drupal
- Your own personal portfolio
- Working knowledge of CSS frameworks ( Foundation, Bootstrap etc..)
- Always willing to learn new technologies
Cheeky Monkey Media might have other tasks/programs we need you to learn.How to Apply
Would you like to apply? If so, please send us your contact details to email@example.com
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018