20452 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
CAC - Canfor (BC14)
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Wood Products Accountant is a key member of the Wood Products Finance team responsible for a full range of operational, financial and management accounting reporting as well as analysis for manufacturing.
This opportunity will consist of assisting the Manager, Financial Reporting in the areas of manufacturing operatio n including financial and KPI review, and timely completion of the financial closes. The Role:
The Wood Products Accountant's primary focus is to provide the wood products finance and regional management teams with relevant financial and statistical analysis and information, and to participate in value-added decision support. The position is also responsible for some Oracle system support as well as the accounting for idled operations.
- Accounting for Idled Operations and Regional Admin (month end, account recs, forecasting, annual plans, invoice coding, financial statements, variance analysis)
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasting, weekly KPI reports, monthly consolidated reporting
- Oracle system support
- Providing operational and financial analysis.
- Coordinate and liaise with both internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and GAAP.
- Assisting others in the Wood Products Finance team
- Recognized accounting designation is preferred; senior level students with a commitment to complete their designation will be considered.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite of products)
- Strong management skills; excellent interpersonal skills; highly motivated, self-starter; consummate team player
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Job Segment:
Database, Oracle, Accounting, Temporary, ERP, Technology, Finance, Contract