The WHS Design, Construction & Start Up will be responsible for partnering with the Launch and Engineering teams to manage the safety deliverables required when opening new sites. They will execute the new site safety start-up plan to help ensure the site successfully implements our company safety procedures and all applicable local and regional regulations. The WHS Design, Construction & Start Up PM will coordinate safety start-up functions.
The WHS Design, Construction & Start Up PM must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Design, Engineering, Construction, Startup, Launch and New Site WHS teams. This individual must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. They will be required to possess excellent safety and relevant environmental and ergonomic knowledge and to demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations and Engineering teams.
• Manage and monitor the safety start-up plan for all new sites.
• Ensure Amazon buildings are designed and built compliant to regulatory and Amazon standards
• Conduct design composite reviews for compliance with Amazon standards and regulatory requirements
• Conduct site safety, health and environmental commissioning inspections. Create and maintain punch lists with relevant teams
• Identify the required safety supplies for new site start-up. Assist in the procurement of the safety items. Set-up all site safety supplies onsite as needed
• Perform regular analysis and risk of new build processes and equipment for site safety improvements and continuous standards improvement
• Develop safety commissioning lists with relevant teams
• Set-up new site in all appropriate safety databases
• Inspect and certify PIT equipment meets Amazon requirements
• Schedule applicable Safety training for site Safety team and managers with a local trainer
• Develop a positive working relationship with stakeholders involved throughout the project
• Project Work for topics relating to the network
• Maintain communication with Operational directors and General Managers
• Lead and influence cross functional teams as required to deliver safety centered processes and building design
• Review operations and determine the required site safety signageBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, engineering/facilities or service operations
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
• Experience managing and leading multiple direct reports and interacting with cross functional teams
• Must be flexible regarding shifts
• Willing to travel, up to 75%
• Bachelor's degree in safety, engineering or a related field required or in the process of being completed
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft officePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
• Master's degree preferred
• Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
• Certified Safety Professional preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
• Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.