We are looking for a Web & Identity Team Lead to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Strong knowledge of identity and web platforms and solutions
- Microsoft experience including Microsoft Office 365 and MS Skype for Business and Teams
- People and Business Centric Individual
What & Why:
The Team Lead provides leadership to a larger group of staff working on projects or tasks of considerable scope and complexity. Undertakes complex technical or operational work and provides technical direction and guidance to staff. Team leadership typically consumes approximately 50% of the time, with the other 50% spent on operational or technical duties.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
Key Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provides team leadership to a larger group of staff working on a diverse range of projects/tasks of considerable scope and complexity.
- Assists the Section Manager in planning projects and activities on a month-by-month basis
- Sets performance objectives of the team(s) and manages performance and quality of team results
- Establishes project schedules, allocates resources and ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Provides technical advice and direction to the team and ensures adherence to standards and practices
- Participates with the Section Manager in hiring and performance management decisions, conducts performance evaluations with staff and assists them in developing career objectives and learning plans
- Develops processes and procedures, and provides assistance to the Section Manager in the creation of policies, guidelines, standards and best practices for the functional area
- Prepares proposals for technical solutions for a variety of diverse and complex problems, reflecting costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Works closely with other team leads and managers in planning and undertaking the work and resolving related issues
- Organizes and gives technical presentations.
- Ensures a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of company goals and objectives and creates an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Mentors and provides technical advice and direction to more junior staff
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Help support, implement and manage enterprise web and identity platforms
- Provide leadership for web and identity infrastructure including on-prem and cloud applications
- Working with the team develop ongoing web and IAM strategies, roadmaps and plans
- Develop / assist with defining our collaboration and digital workplace strategies
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services
- Experience with IAM across traditional on premise, cloud, and mobile platforms
- Able to work with cross platform technologies and make decisions based on best solutions for the business
- Oversee the provision / Provide Service Management Functions for the environment including:
- Problem Management
- Capacity Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Availability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Service Level Management
- Security Management
- Ensure that all environments meet design specifications
- Drive incident management and resolution by identifying and removing incident root causes
- Maintain vendor relationships with relevant providers
- Develops standards, tools and best practices for the design, development and management of our teams services
- Defines standard components of the environment, and reassesses them on an annual basis to ensure they continue to meet business requirements
- Consult with project teams regarding deployments for assigned areas
- Provide third level support for any problems based on appropriate support model
- Design / Build environments to meet the needs of the project teams
- 24/7 on call based on rotation
- Knowledge transfer and hand over to Support teams, including helpdesk
- University degree/diploma in computer science or 10 years + relevant experience in a large scale IT environment
- 10+ years’ experience in information technology. 2 Years in a leadership role.
- The position requires ability to prioritize and set clear direction and expectations, keep team members focused on objectives, build excellent team relationships, take ownership of individual and team results, and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to delivering on commitments. Ability to think analytically and develop effective solutions to complex and diverse problems. Highly developed analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Excellent customer service, client management and team leadership skills. Ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment. Strong business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of identity and web platforms and solutions
- Active Directory
- DHCP / WINS /DNS /FTP
- Microsoft Office 365
- MS Skype for Business and Teams
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure: applications, databases, operating systems — Windows, Unix and Linux, hypervisors, IP networks — WAN and LAN, storage networks — Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS, backup networks and media
- Change Coordinator
- Basic Project Management and/or IT operations management
- Experience with reporting tools and industry standards
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload
- Understanding of top level business strategies and organizational structures
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to take ownership, analyze business impact and ensure seamless implementations
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Thorough understanding of ITIL and the Change Management Processes
- Project Budgeting and Estimating
- Risk and Problem Management
- Chairs technical meetings and build presentations regarding new directions for technologies
- ITIL 2 or 3 certification an advantage
- Microsoft or Linux certifications and/or relevant experience
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.