Job SummaryWho We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our team.
We need someone who can code a WordPress site from scratch, has basic understanding of PHP and how the structure of WordPress works.
We're not into drag and drop builders, so we need someone who knows what's under the hood.Who You Are:
You have no problem translating a design into code, and are flexible enough to make things look good on all screen sizes. You're able to translate the design from one page to apply it to multiple pages, and adjust as needed. You need to be up on modern design techniques, including responsive design, best SEO practices, writing clean semantic code, and speed.
You're able to manage a project and connect several people together to produce a finished product.
You pay attention to detail, and are bothered when something is out of alignment or doesn't look right, but you also know how to prioritize your time and focus on what's important.
You'll take on a wide variety of tasks depending on the situation, so you'll need to be willing to be flexible in your role.
Above all, you have a positive attitude, work hard, and have no problem prioritizing tasks and adhering to tight deadlines. Job Type / Category
This is a full time position. Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will need to:
- Code Efficiently and have a working knowledge of WordPress, PHP, HTML, CSS and SASS
- Preferred to be familiar with VueJS
- Comfortable with Git, NodeJS
- Preferred to be comfortable using Symfony
- Be able to problem solve, and willing to lead the way on process improvements
- Work with our Junior Developer and Graphic Designer to get projects done efficiently and with high quality
- Be up to date on modern SEO techniques and best practices
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be a self-starter. You're able to work independently and get the job done.
- You produce high quality work that you're proud of at the end of the day
- You manage your time efficiently and stick to time estimated to complete a project. If you need more time, it's communicated before you get to the deadline.
- You're willing to work with and guide our Junior Developer
- You can manage multiple projects at once, and are able to prioritize
Since 2014, The Fourth Media has been developing websites in the Okanagan. Our current focus is in the Okanagan, but we have clients all over Canada.
Our goal is to tell our clients story and grow their business.
We're a small but busy company, currently in a growth phase of operations, working on projects both large and small.How to Apply
If you'd like to apply, please send us your Resume, Cover Letter and link to your Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: November 23, 2018
Closes: January 22, 2019