Summary of Role
We’re looking for a talented, self-driven Web Developer who is interested in e-commerce and digital marketing development as well as the design of backend web systems.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the role requires someone who has experience developing both frontend and backend web systems, implementing responsive designs, and implementing and optimizing e-commerce platforms.
You will collaborate with the IT department to design and implement the APIs to integrate a variety of software.
We are looking for a full stack developer who can take a leading role on projects and within our company. You will be relied upon to analyze and architect software components and complete solutions, work as part of a team, and take ownership of problems.
This is a new role and an opportunity to contribute to strategic decisions and help grow the business.
You will work from our flagship location in Langley.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to build, implement and optimize customer-facing features on our website
- Manage e-commerce product inventory
- Support the marketing team in the technical implementation of tools, including developing emails, implementing digital marketing tools, and building new features for our e-commerce platform
- Coordinate web development projects
- Collaborate with the IT department to design and implement the APIs to integrate a variety of software; ERP, CRM, Marketing Automation, etc
- Optimize the performance of our e-commerce platform, website, and web APIs
- Understand analytics to enhance user interactions and conversions
- Identify, propose and implement new technologies, trends, and opportunities that increase our customer’s online experience and ultimately increase sales
- Contribute input to strategic decisions to help grow the business
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Experience, Skills, Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field an asset, but not a requirement.
- Certification in current Web development systems and software
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Web Developer, e-Commerce, and online marketing
- Up-to-date with the latest and most popular web languages and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SASS.
- Experience with WooCommerce (or similar eCommerce platforms), merchandising, online marketing, and/or e-commerce
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing a marketplace store (Amazon, eBay, etc.)
- Experience in implementing responsive designs and optimizing UI/UX
- Experience building APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge of email development and ESPs (SharpSpring, Mailchimp, Constant Contact), using best practices and templating languages
- Must have excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for building great web products
- Experience implementing web design and development that increases conversions
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM optimization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Web Developer Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Personality plus - kind, caring, respectful, team player
- Someone who is curious and wants to learn, coachable, trainable
- Not too serious but hard-working, positive, can-do attitude
- Very accepting, open and honest, transparent
- Persistent, patient, flexible, approachable, friendly
- Professional demeanor
- Very strong consultative communication abilities
- Attractive benefits package including Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- The opportunity to work with a fun and growing organization
- Work for an “essential service” company
- Room for growth and advancement
- Casual business dress environment
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Amazing supportive culture!
Information Technology Manufacturing and Production