Job Description Summary
As a Web Developer you will develop effective code and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. This role will maintain the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable. This position requires the delivery of working collaboratively cross-functionally and with other departments to accomplish shared goals.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide feedback on initiatives, identify opportunities for improvement, and collaborate on delivering the best IT solutions.
- Contribute in the complete lifecycle of software development using Agile development techniques like sprint planning, task estimation and development including Kanban, code review, unit testing, and CI/CD pipeline.
- Consult with different business units to identify, support and/or improve ways to leverage STEMCELL's applications and software.
- Deliver quality, clean and secure code following the industry and STEMCELL standards.
- Works effectively within existing architectures and follows best practices. Develops new instances within existing architectures, or makes minor improvements to existing architecture. Designs major new features and demonstrates a nuanced understanding of platform constraints and opportunities.
- Conduct research to keep up to date with new technology, evolving solutions and industry standards.
- Plan and perform regular scheduled maintenance, including updating documentation.
- Acts as a caretaker for all of the assigned code and performs code review when required for other team members.
- Resolve customer requests that are initiated through multiple support channels. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues involving multiple systems or services. Identifies and resolves recurring root causes.
- Delivers consistently good quality work. Increases the robustness and reliability of codebases, and devotes time to polishing products and systems. Improves others' ability to deliver great quality work.
- Communicates effectively to close stakeholders when called upon, and incorporates constructive feedback. Communicates with the wider team appropriately, focusing on timeliness and good quality conversations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and implementing software applications.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Progrogramming, Data Structures and Algorithms and software development design patterns.
- Experience developing applications to work across multiple browsers, mobile platforms and operating systems.
- Ability to develop new instances within existing architectures, and/or make minor improvements to existing architecture, make sensible abstractions based on template and code patterns, understand how to spec and build interactive components independently and prototype simple new features quickly.
- Following knowledge are considered assets to the role: eCommerce platforms like Magento, version controls (we use Github), ticket management tools (we use Jira), ReactJS or other JS libraries, Caching technologies (Varnish, Redis, CDN), Linux, RESTful web APIs, Amazon Web Services, LESS, Message Queuing (SQS or RabbitMQ) are considered assets to the role.
- Team oriented and collaborative with a willingness to learn and work on all stages of the standard software life cycle including post-delivery support.
- Familiarity with Agile development techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking skills and communication skills.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!