Web Developer 2 (CARD2495)
Reference ID: %7B43849DAA-0EB1-4AA9-9939-B400F4D69132%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for Web Developers with a passion to improve and expand the user experience of the web interface of our FortiGate firewall. You will join a high energy team that is creating a compelling and innovative web-based firewall management system for a wide variety of users. As a Fortinet Web Developer, you will learn about the latest advancements in network security - including firewall configuration, VPN setup, WiFi network management and Unified Threat Management (Anti-Virus, Intrusion Protection, Web Filter and Application Control).
You are customer focused and enjoy creating features that improve the lives of your users. You use and create tools that improve development processes, allowing you to focus on web development. Most of all, you are excited about the opportunity to learn and experiment with modern web development tools.
As a web developer at Fortinet, you will:
* Implement and maintain web-based user interfaces for Fortinet security and management products
* Collaborate with development teams to create easy to use and powerful web applications
* Stay on top of new developments in web application development and suggest improvements within the team
* Promote best practices within the team and organization
* Provide product improvement suggestions while using Fortinet firewalls on a daily basis
Job Skills Required:
* Ability to optimize web interfaces for performance without sacrificing usability
* Ability to build user interfaces using modern web standards
* Extensive knowledge of C programming and experience using a Linux development environment
* Experience using source control software (SVN, git)
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Experience building Django web applications
* Apache module development
* Understanding of networking and security concepts
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Posted: February 12, 2019
Closes: April 13, 2019