Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet team is currently looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our Fortinet IT Applications team for R&D in our Burnaby location.
You are customer focused and enjoy creating features that improve the lives of your users. You use and create tools that improve development processes, allowing you to focus on web development.
Most of all, you are excited about the opportunity to learn and experiment with modern web development tools.
Job Responsibilities: As a web developer at Fortinet, you will:
* Implement and maintain web-based user interfaces for Fortinet portals and management products
* Collaborate with development teams to create easy to use and powerful web applications
* Stay on top of new developments in web application development and suggest improvements within the team
* Promote best practices within the team and organization
* Provide product improvement suggestions while using Fortinet firewalls on a daily basis
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
* Ability to optimize web interfaces for performance without sacrificing usability
* Ability to build user interfaces using modern web standards
* Experience using source control software (SVN, git)
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience