Job Title: Weapons Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch Vancouver
Requisition ID: R014778
Do you puzzle over exotic ways to reload a pump action shotgun? Do you imagine ways to counteract the recoil of an automatic SMG? Would you like to create exciting new weapon functionality across the Call of Duty Universe?
If so, you are a great fit for our Treyarch Gameplay team! We are looking for talented gameplay engineers to help construct the future of the Call Of Duty arsenal. As a Weapons Gameplay Engineer
, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring cutting-edge weapons to life for millions of fans.What you can expect...
To succeed you should have...
- To be among our quartermasters, you'll need to harness your strengths in C/C++ to debug and optimize our weapons systems.
- Help to make our armory more fun by contributing to weapon content and functionality designs.
- Engage with multiplayer playtests with your work team mates in order to provide feedback, discuss gameplay, and analyze weapon performance and versatility.
- Show new comers how to sling a weapon and prep a flashbang through mentoring of less experienced engineering team mates.
You're a great fit if your philosophy is to...
- A strong passion for helping make weapons look, sound, and feel amazing to our fans.
- A college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education or experience that enables you to contribute to our C/C++ code systems.
- Ability to team up with counterparts in our studio in order to collaborate on Treyarch's weapons content and systems.
Covid-19 Hiring Update:
- Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
- Strive to learn from the knowledge and experiences of those around you
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.ABOUT TREYARCH
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it's a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits