JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operator
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for the planning, coordination, and organization of the activities
within the area known as the CL (operation of distribution)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs total warehouse operational duties which may or may not include forklift driving, RF Gun
- operation, receiving, sorting, putting away items, storage, order picking and packing, and shipping.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the
- packing list.
- Enters quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and prints back order and inventory stock put away list.
- Ensures the timely and accurate maintenance of shipment files and the completion of data entry
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Understands and complies with all Company Policies & Procedures including Health & Safety.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- Skill Factors (education, experience, communication, technical, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- Must hold and maintain current forklift certification for the following equipment: Reach, Walkie
- Counterbalance with clamp if assigned to driving any forklift
- Effort Factors (physical and mental demands)
- Be able to identify items by size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to accept new tasks and follow-through independently with minimal supervision
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for long period of time, walk, pull and push
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
- Working Conditions
- Works 37.5 hours per week; however, job requirements will include additional and/or extended
- work time as the business dictates including weekends and evenings
- Job is performed in a temperature-controlled warehouse with forklifts and trucks present
- Attends all training as required including cross-training in other operational/departmental
- Understands and follows Kaizen standards and requirements
- Complies with all Health & Safety Policies
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Manufacturing and Production Transportation and Warehousing Labour