Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're looking for a Warehouse Associate to be a valued member of the warehouse team and assist with shipping, returns and general warehouse duties. The average day in the warehouse sees us checking and processing outbound, assisting with returns, moving items from our sample warehouse to the photo studio and assisting the creative team with the receiving and assembly of sample products for review.
What does a day in the life of a Warehouse Associate at Article look like? You will be responsible for:
- Tracking, managing, and receiving shipments from carriers
- Inspecting shipments, unpacking and assembling furniture items and accessories
- Preparing products for shipment (cleaning, packaging, labeling, etc)
- Loading and unloading products from trucks and keeping warehouse storage space organized
- Assisting photographers daily with picking and moving products around the warehouse and various other photoshoot spaces
- Maintaining detailed inventory and equipment lists
- General clean-up and maintenance of the outer building, warehouse and office space
- Driving to purchase office supplies that are not able to be delivered (Costco, Home Depot, IKEA, etc.)
- Assisting with office events as needed
- Assisting build sample furniture
Our ideal candidate will be a fast learner, able to follow instructions, and is reliable and accountable. Other requirements include:
- Able to lift 50 to 100 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to work Tuesdays to Saturdays 8am-4pm with OT as needed
- Class 5 driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage own schedule.
- Experience not necessary, but would be considered an advantage.
- Experience driving small box trucks (ie. U-haul) is an asset.
- Must have own CSA-approved safety footwear
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- You'll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- We believe in the power of a great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- All employees can enjoy discounts on our products plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- We don't just crunch the clock and leave; we also have regular extra-curricular activities. We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.
Transportation and Warehousing