Job Description Summary
The Warehouse Associate will be trained on and assigned to Shipping, Receiving or Assembly and Labelling. In addition, the Distribution Center Associate may be assigned to other administrative or clerical functions in Customer Service, Procurement, or other functions in the company as needed. This role requires a well rounded person who is just as comfortable operating a forklift as they are entering data at a computer terminal. This position is an excellent entry level opportunity that will expose the right candidate to the full scope of Distribution Center Operations, and other functions within the company.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly work in a cold chain environment some of the time with coolers at 4 to 8 degrees celsius, and freezers at -25 degrees celsius.
- Perform picking, packing, and shipment processing tasks as assigned.
- Perform physical receipt of goods, inspection of incoming materials to ensure correct quantities and type of materials and adherence to specifications, system receipt of goods, and put away in the correct storage type, as assigned.
- Perform light manufacturing and labelling tasks as assigned.
- Perform inventory maintenance functions, including both system tasks, and physical tasks such as cycle counting.
- Train on and perform administrative / clerical tasks in support of other company functions, including but not limited to Customer Service and Procurement.
- Comply with all safety and supply chain security procedures and requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 2 years warehousing and/or material handling experience
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky material
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Familiar with following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to perform various tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills to use company's software applications
- Strong clerical / data entry ability
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production