Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, Clio makes lawyers' lives simpler and helps them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists.
We're seeking a VP of Product who is ready to lead, develop and grow our Product Management team to deliver a product that will transform the legal space. As part of the executive team reporting to the CEO, you will set our product strategy and build a high velocity, high quality, and operationally excellent team that's focused on solving real customer problems and transforming an industry. You are a great strategist who demonstrates terrific business acumen, passion for innovation, and are an outstanding collaborator.
We believe a great VP of Product is, first and foremost, obsessed with the business' overall success, and make product decisions that drive both customer success and revenue growth. You align and create consensus across the executive team and broader business, and work to align the entire organization around business goals to ensure all teams are focused on serving the company mission. You are someone who can coach, teach and train a world class team of PM's to be product visionaries and great executors, and to do the best work of their careers. You will:
You should have:
- Set product direction for Clio's platform by ensuring that the company as a whole is supporting, shipping and building the right products;
- Contribute to Clio's broader strategic planning process by representing product/market/company success, rather than any one specific function;
- Partner with Product Development and Product Design to envision, build on, and execute the product roadmap. You are an influencer and will shape how things get done;
- Partner closely with the CEO and Clio's executive team to facilitate and resolve functional team conflicts and spot inconsistencies among goals. Enable delivery of great products by working through broad structural issues;
- Build, grow, support and shape a product organization that's obsessed with delivering value to our customers while ensuring Clio's strategic goals are met;
- Be a champion for the product management team (and the product group) to the rest of the company, and help ensure that clear communication flows across all teams .
Why would you want to work here?
- 5+ years of leadership in Product Management, ideally with large scale SaaS products;
- 10+ years of experience in customer-facing Product Management type of role
- Demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest team in a competitive job market, and to coach, develop, and retain our product talent;
- A philosophy on what makes for great product management teams. Experience in change management and getting buy-in as you steer the team through our growth and evolution;
- A vast toolkit that allows you to help your team think about and solve complex business and technical problems;
- Bring a data driven approach: extremely comfortable in the language of data and statistical analysis, you understand the value of a metrics focused strategy;
- A portfolio of successful projects to show (don't be scared to share some learnings from failed projects as well).
We offer a great compensation package and an opportunity to shape a great growth story with unlimited potential. We've been funded by BVP, which funded companies like Pinterest and LinkedIn. Need more reasons?
Clio loves and takes care of our Clions. We are proud of a collaborative culture and encourage a learning mindset. We have established career paths for our team and provide many opportunities to grow and learn. We believe in creating a strong tech community - we host Girls Learning Code, sponsor Rails meetup groups, and more. For our employees, we provide monthly mixers, unlimited snacks and weekly lunch, and strive to offer a strong work-life balance. You can check out more here at teamclio.tumblr.com Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019