Launched in 2013 in Victoria, Flytographer is one of the 50 fastest-growing startups in Canada the last two years. Called the “future of travel photography” by Conde Nast Traveler, Flytographer is changing the way travellers remember their vacations and creating new jobs for hundreds of creatives around the world. With over 20,000 customers captured to date and an NPS of +90, we have strong product market fit. We’ve partnered with some of the top global brands to distribute Flytographer, such as Fairmont, Virtuoso, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Zola and Bed Bath & Beyond. Flytographer has captured over 2 million memories for travellers across 250 cities and this is only the first chapter of our story! Our platform has a lot of room to scale; it’s an exciting time to jump in and see your impact come to life. If you are looking to help craft the story and be part of the DNA of an early-stage, rocketship-growth startup, then keep reading.
We recently closed our seed round and are looking for a seasoned and passionate VP Marketing to aggressively grow our business to the next level. As the VP Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO and will be a core member of our senior leadership team.
Desired Skills & Experience:
As our first ever VP Marketing you will blaze a trail and develop the strategies and plans to:
- Grow Revenue: You will lead the growth of new customer acquisition through the development of repeatable and scalable marketing plans and programs.
- Build our Brand: You set the strategy and establish Flytographer as the world’s leading photography marketplace and “trusted partner in memories for life,” and well as one of Canada’s top places to work.
- Build a Winning Team and Culture: You will continually build out and support the ongoing development of a high performing and super-engaged marketing team that hits its goals and loves working together.
- Lead: You will play a key role on our senior leadership team strategically, operationally and organizationally as we continue to scale our growth.
- Drive Data-Based Decisions: You will collaborate with the team to ensure the marketing team has the data and the reporting tools it needs to make smart, informed, data-based decisions.
- Develop Process Excellence: You will develop business roadmaps, establish accountability streams, propose scalable solutions, and ensure alignment of team processes with stakeholders.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- You have a proven track record of driving awareness and hitting revenue targets. You are excited about the opportunity to scale Flytographer from $5 to $50 million.
- You have deep experience in building, scaling and leading high-performing, highly-engaged and collaborative marketing teams through periods of rapid growth.
- You are a data-driven marketer who knows how to implement systems and tools that scale and measure growth with a focus on rapid experimentation.
- You are a brand visionary and understand the importance of designing extraordinary customer experiences.
- You have the ability to contribute strategically and operationally as a member of a senior leadership team.
- You have deep experience leading marketing for consumer products or services.
- You possess the ability to expertly guide and orchestrate SEO/SEM, direct, partners channels, content and brand marketing.
- You have a proven track record of building repeatable and scalable new customer acquisition programs that meet or exceed volume and CPA targets.
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation of the interplay of marketing, product and customer service in the design of a successful marketplace model.
- You have the ability to switch back and forth between strategy and execution seamlessly to prioritize and drive projects over the finish line.
- You’ve led people to do their best work and had fun while doing it.
- Experience leading teams at high-growth startups or global travel brands a plus.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies/time zones.
- Passion for all things Flytographer!
Why join Flytographer:
Some of the benefits of working here include:
- Doing work that matters. You are helping people change the way they remember vacations for decades to come. You are helping artists around the world earn additional income doing what they love.
- Global in scope. Flytographer operates in 250 cities and counting.
- Work with kind, intelligent, driven and passionate colleagues who love travel, having fun and celebrating our wins, big and small.
- Work in a beautiful office space in a heritage building in the heart of downtown Victoria, BC.
- Blue ocean opportunity. We were first-to-market and are blazing a trail. We are just getting started and at the tip of the iceberg of total market opportunity.
- Free Flytographer shoots
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Apple gear
- Annual fitness credit
- Stock options
How to apply for this position:
If this sounds like you, then get in touch! You’ll love working here, we promise.
This is a full-time position based in Victoria, BC, Canada.
To apply, please click on the button below and fill out the form.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Flytographer is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019