VP Finance opportunity with a fantastic company located in the Fraser Valley! Great opportunity to join a friendly, tight-knit, stable, and successful private company headquartered in Surrey with a fantastic culture! Ideal is an experienced Controller or Director in industry, that initially went through public practice, has strong technical IFRS, system implementations experience and has managed teams.
Who- the Company:
Our client is an established industry leader in its field that has continues to grow with great people. The company has a culture that is tightknit, professional, and friendly with great work life balance. They also have a new office with onsite gym, yoga, free parking and more.
What- the Role:
The VP Finance will support the CFO and Finance Team with the execution of strategy and control for this group of companies. Swim can provide interested candidates with a detailed scorecard in addition to the below. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of 4 direct reports and 12 indirect reports, this role will be responsible for leading the finance function in the areas of: accounting, financial reporting, analysis, tax and treasury.
- Responsible for complex consolidation of 15 entities in IFRS. This role is looking for an experienced technical accounting leader that is well versed in IFRS.
- Liaising and partnering with all levels of the organization and business units, this role will be responsible for reporting on financial data to Presidents, lead planning and working with Managers on budgets.
- This role will also play a key role in supporting the CFO with special projects such as leading a new accounting system implementation and ad hoc mergers and acquisitions. This includes the process from start to finish in terms of identifying systems, creating project teams, process mapping and managing the implementation with various stakeholders.
Who- the Candidate:
- Looking for a technically strong Chartered Accountant with proven industry experience in IFRS and strong people management experience and a great team based personality.
- Seeking someone with strong communication skills that can build strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in leading projects and/or system conversions is also ideal.
With Headquarters in Surrey. This position would be a mix of virtual and in office.
Competitive base salary plus bonus commensurate with level of relevant experience and skills- please discuss with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this key position, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible! Confidentiality of currently employed candidates will be highly respected. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance