You’re a solid communicator with a passion for creatively telling stories through video. Through your exemplary writing, project management and strategic skills, you thrive at uncovering story opportunities to support business strategy and engage stakeholders.
Reporting to the Content Manager, BuildDirect’s Video and Content Specialist will contribute to the company’s content planning plus work cross-functionally with other business groups and social channel owners to identify, plan and produce videos. You possess the skills to manage freelance and video production agencies, but also willing to roll up your sleeves and shoot quick videos and edit via iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects (or similar) to capture in the moment opportunities. What You'll Do
What You Need to Know
- Develop and execute a video strategy that supports the company’s communications and business goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout BuildDirect to conceptualize and execute videos.
- Work closely with the company’s YouTube channel and content manager to deliver on the organization’s content strategy.
- Write and edit scripts plus develop shot lists and storyboards.
- Write and edit Blog posts that feature your video content
- Assess project needs and source appropriate video vendors and/or equipment.
- Manage both pre and post-production activities through freelancers and video production agencies to achieve targets.
- Manage video production budget and production schedule to deliver cost-effective video projects delivered on time.
- Manage BuildDirect video partners and agencies (when needed)
- Maintain and organize video footage and related files.
- Capture video on an iPhone or small video camera and edit via iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects (or similar) to deliver short, simple and in the moment opportunities.
- Ensure the final video product meets BuildDirect’s standards of branding, image, and quality.
- Conduct an audit of BuildDirect’s current video assets and performance, then develop a full-funnel video content strategy within your first six months to achieve:
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase organic traffic to the BuildDirect main site via YouTube channel
- Increase acquisition rates of email subscribers and signups for our PRO loyalty program
- Increase sample conversion rates
What You Must Have
- Minimum of three years experience in public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Sound understanding of communications theory and ethics.
- Proven experience in video production.
- Strong copywriting and script writing skills
- Experience working in iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects or other video editing software.
- Proven ability to deliver projects in spite of delays or changes in direction.
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
- The desire to learn and continuously improve - Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or journalism or equivalent work-related experience.
- Strong graphic design skills and proficiency in the Adobe Suite preferred
- High level of trust and a commitment to doing what you say you are going to do.
- An obsession for delighting customers.
- A passionate drive to deliver results and constantly raise the bar.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and challenges with enthusiasm.
- Ability and desire to be scrappy, move fast and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Innate motivation to learn and continuously develop yourself and others.
- Commitment to fearless communication.
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is the innovative marketplace for purchasing and selling quality home improvement & flooring materials online. BuildDirect co-founders wanted to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner and home improvement professional. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve homes with an online marketplace to access the flooring products they want, at the prices they’d love, delivered on time directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Servicing North America, BuildDirect connects homeowners and home improvement professionals with sellers around the world, creating a much simpler and trusted shopping experience. The platform offers Pro’s and Homeowners the ability to purchase various volumes of flooring products direct from Sellers. This keeps costs low, often up to half the price found at big box stores or specialty retailers, and provides efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products. BuildDirect Perks
- Office located in the heart of the growing tech area of downtown Vancouver, with 360-degree views of the city, easy access to public transit, near 100’s of restaurants & bars, and onsite ping pong
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries and unlimited fresh coffee & tea
- Newly renovated onsite gym, lockers, and bike storage
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee stock options
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!