Position: Vice President Sales
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President Sales will join the senior management team in Burnaby, BC and provide leadership and direction to the sales organization. The Vice President Sales is accountable for overall sales organization performance, including growing revenues, strategic account management and the alignment of sales objectives with the Company’s business strategy. As the Vice President Sales, you will work proactively and collaboratively with the Chief Business Development Officer and various other stakeholders to establish and grow the business. Success will be measured by strategic and tactical sales leadership, developing and implementing a strong strategic account management, and revenue growth.
- Sales Leadership - Provides overall leadership to the sales organization. This includes establishing sales principles guidance for managing performance as well as establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales opportunities; overseeing the allocation of sales resources across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Strategic Account Management - Oversees the Company’s strategic account management selling model. Partnering with the Chief Business Development Officer and Vice President Marketing to penetrate the banknote market and develop strategies to cultivate existing customer relationships, identify new opportunities and grow revenues.
- Relationships - Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and other value chain partners. Strategize with client account leads on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure customer needs are fully understood and solutions are being effectively sold.
- Teamwork - Collaborates with marketing, product development, and operations departments to develop and create sales plans targeted for each market.
- Sales Funnel – Oversees the Company’s sales funnel process. Accurately forecasts opportunities based upon realistic assessments, prospecting new business and penetrating the market for continued growth, and delivering on assigned revenue targets and other key performance objectives.
- Develop the Team - Responsible for building an effective sales organization, including defining sales roles, sales channels, and sales resource deployment.
- Travel - Significant international travel requirement. Ability to travel internationally on planned and short notice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education - A post-secondary degree or above.
- Experience - A minimum of ten years progressively responsible sales management experience with a technology company in a business-to-business sales environment. Preferable to have experience selling to government organizations, in the banknote, label manufacturing, branding or packaging industry.
- Leadership - An energetic, outgoing, authentic, proactive leader who can build, motivate and inspire. Committed to teamwork and collaboration across the organization.
- Technical - Strong ability to apply knowledge and understanding of technology (e.g., optics, physics, engineering), identify technical customer needs, and provide input to product development on security features development.
- Communication - Strong ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing and make presentations to a wide range of audiences, with the ability to adapt content and style to various audiences. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Characteristics - Motivated, self-driven, hard-working professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines. Have a great sense of humour.
- Computer - Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. Nanotech’s KolourOptik® technology was inspired by unique structures found on the wings of the Blue Morpho butterfly. Our nano-optic technology creates easy to authenticate security and branding images through a unique interaction of natural light with a grid of nano-sized indentations. In addition to its nano-optic technology, Nanotech produces optical thin film, a high security material with color shift capabilities. This color shift film has been the standard for document security for over two decades as it is extremely difficult to reproduce or simulate.
Nanotech is poised to undergo significant growth in the coming year. The Company has obtained contracts to supply its leading-edge technology to several issuing authorities and other security focused customers worldwide. Nanotech’s growth potential offers an exciting opportunity for a creative thinker who conceives original designs and brings them to life.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
Posted: October 12, 2018
Closes: December 11, 2018