Cayenta is looking for a Vice President of Research & Development to join the Executive team based out of Burnaby. This is a hybrid business / technical position and requires a strong blend of management and project management skills, product vision, financial savvy, superior communication skills, and understanding of the agile process. The Vice President of Research & Development is responsible for a continuous flow of product research and innovation leading to the improvement of existing products, incorporation of newly acquired product sets into the current list of corporate assets, and integration of third party solutions with Harris’ product sets.
- Translating business goals & product requirements into actionable development plans.
- Ensuring that development projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Strategic planning, direction and control of product development activities; as well as technical input into the overall business strategy.
- Communicating strategy developments, providing ongoing executive updates, prioritizing initiatives, and escalating roadblocks to executive leadership.
- Communicating development progress and issues to management and across the organization.
- Managing both on-site & offshore development teams.
- Pro-actively fostering and building channels of communication across business units to ensure collaboration and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Providing technical direction and guidance for all product development needs throughout the organization.
- Continually evaluating the organizational structure and current technology as a means to enhance productivity and implementing appropriate changes.
- Communicating industry trends and emerging new technologies that can provide the organization with a competitive advantage.
- Capturing ideas and identifying opportunities that can be researched and explored for feasibility through contact with customers; initiating industry comparisons and conducting competitive benchmarking.
- Managing strategic partnerships with vendors and suppliers.
- Performing a full range of leadership responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees, assigning and directing work, driving performance management and managing department budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication; communicating clearly and comprehensively to senior executives and technical experts.
- Strong organization and time-management; a can-do attitude.
- Excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work for self and staff. Ability to multi task with changing priorities.
- Strong initiative with superior analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills. Dedication to life-long learning and initiative to continually improve technical skill set.
- Background in Cloud Environment and VMware
- Scrum Master Certification is considered a strong asset.
- PMP certification is considered a strong asset.
Posted: February 11, 2019
Closes: April 12, 2019