Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that istransforming the way Canadian's experience benefits
Our mission is simple
;We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses
GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel.
We are currently looking for a Vice President, Information Technology
to join our team in Surrey, BC
. The VP Information Technology will lead the Information Technology strategy and operations for the overall GroupHEALTH family of companies. The VP IT will build a world class delivery and support team with an innovative culture focused on delivering exceptional products and services. The VP will grow and lead the IT team during a period of rapid growth and change.OutcomesWithin the first 30 days you will
- Get to know all IT team members across GroupHEALTH Family of companies
- Develop an understanding of IT operations across GroupHEALTH family of Companies
- Familiarize yourself with GroupHEALTH Strategic Business plan and develop a high-level understanding of the company's products, services and solutions
- Meet with key stakeholders and leaders across the company to gain an overall understanding of the GroupHEALTH family of companies' business model and operating structure
- Become familiar with key stakeholders within
- GroupHEALTH's distribution network and key strategic business partners
- Become familiar with core business applications (WEBS, MPACS, DMS, BCMSPro, CRM, Pega, Marketo and Sales tools, etc.)
- Conduct initial assessment of overall operations including SWOT analysis as input to IT Strategic plan
- Become familiar with GroupHEALTH core operating philosophies including daily team scrums, weekly leadership scrums, weekly planners, regular leadership meetings, etc.
- Review and become familiar with overall IT governance model
- Become familiar with IT Roadmap and current projects in flight
- Complete 1st of 4 CEBS training modules to gain a better understanding of the Group Health Benefits industry
Within the first 3 monthsyou will
- Identify improvements in IT Roadmap
- Develop 2 year IT strategic plan aligned with overall corporate strategic plan
- Conduct full organization assessment to ensure optimal structure and efficiency
- Provide recommendations on how to improve IT Governance model to support growing enterprise
- Review organizational structure and identify resource requirements.
- Collaborate with HR to recruit required resources
- Attend GroupHEALTH Sales Bootcamp
- Complete 2nd of 4 CEBS training modules
Within the first 12 months you will
- Complete 3rd and 4th CEBS training modules
- Oversee all operational aspects of IT including Infrastructure,Software Development and IT Operations
- Complete hiring and onboarding of resources identified in resource plan
- Develop business plan and budget for upcoming fiscal year
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering the "WOW!" factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, fresh fruit & vegetables, and lots of cake!), your Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the IT team providing leadership, vision, coaching, performance management and mentorship for overall IT team including Infrastructure, Software Development, Dev Ops, Quality Assurance and Project Management
- Establish a clear understanding of the overall business strategy and requirements for the company and for specific departments
- Develop and implement strategic IT plan closely aligned to corporate strategy
- Responsible for all team deliverables such as design, development, quality assurance, project planning and project execution
- Manage master project schedule for IT, including monitoring of projects against plan, ensuring milestones are properly defined and achieved
- Develop a highly efficient organization that delivers on time, on budget, with high quality
- Direct system design, driving excellent quality applications, architectures, integration specifications, technical standards, and design documentation
- Drive efficiencies in the application development process by leveraging industry-standard principles with regards to DevOps, software development, quality assurance, release management and performance management
- Develop and implement Key Performance Metrics to determine needed technology improvements as well as manage 24/7 uptime operations for production and application deployment environments.
- Provide management of the Infrastructure Operations to ensure high performance, reliability and availability of all platforms
- Maintain portfolio of IT products and service offerings, including marketing and communication activities (e.g., weekly status report)
- Continuously evaluate new technologies/opportunities to improve the efficiency and capability of the company's IT related systems and processes
- Develop and execute annual operating plan and budget for IT
- Demonstrate strong, hands-on leadership to the IT team, driving a culture of excitement and accountability that is intensely focused on clients and the business. Foster an environment in which IT team members have a high level of engagement, challenge and growth
Other Important Responsibilities
of this role include, but are not limited to:
Education & Experience
- Regular team meetings and scrums to foster open, transparent, communicative environment
- Mentoring / Training of IT leadership team Operations leadership team participation and weekly reporting to GroupHEALTH leadership
- Some travel is required
- BSc Computer Science, business administration, mathematics or a related major is required. An IT related Masters degree or MBA would enhance the candidate's qualifications
- 15+ years' experience providing high level IT Management and leadership.
- Experience with leading a team of 50+ IT professionals. This is a requirement of the role
- Demonstrable experience in leading multi-disciplined teams driving both package solutions and custom development, in an environment of continual change and transformation in a rapidly growing, fast-moving environment
- A proven track record in managing a large and complex applications development organization.
- Experience in high-transaction, high-volume and high-availability is an asset
- Demonstrable experience delivering on significant new capabilities across the enterprise
- Significant knowledge of software development processes and project management methodologies around effective solution design, development, and quality assurance
- Advanced knowledge/experience of industry leading platforms for CRM, ERP, SFA, Contact Centre, etc.
- Solid understanding of and experience with leading best practices in IT Security, Network and Systems operations, Telecommunications, Dev Ops. Etc.
- Experience in leading multiple teams, including employee and third-party teams, and managing relationships with suppliers is essential
- Direct prior experience having led and built a rigorous strategic planning process, including demonstrable buy-in and agreement from the business on requirements
- Familiarity with industry standard practices such as ITIL, Cobra, Agile etc.
- Familiarity with Insurance or Financial Services industry an added bonus
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary & benefits program
- paid time off, including flex time
- education assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer matching
- participation in our Happy Friday program
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian's experience benefits? Apply now!We thank everyone who applies to the Vice President, Information Technology role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
We are currently looking for aVice President, Information Technology
to join our team inSurrey, BC
. The VP Information Technology will lead the Information Technology strategy and operations for the overall GroupHEALTH family of companies.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019