NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a VDI Systems Integration Advisor to join our team in Burnaby, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
The Technical Specialist works as a member of a specialized technical team in the area of server support, workstation support and project delivery. The position provides technical support for servers. The position responsibilities include maintaining the support of VMWare, Citrix and Microsoft, operating systems, installing operating systems software, installing and upgrading hardware, applying approved patches to operating systems and maintaining fallback procedures and processes. The Technical Specialist works to enhance and maintain the customer's desktop infrastructure, affecting services provided to all government ministries and agencies. The incumbent manages and controls project and service delivery in a distributed IT infrastructure support system. The position provides coordination and technical expertise in: Server Maintenance and Administration, Citrix Maintenance and Administration, SCCM Maintenance and Administration, Imaging and/or Packaging, Microsoft RDSH.
• Designs and develops appropriate technical, business and/or procedural solutions to meet client needs
• Designs, develops and documents cross-government technical support specifications
• Ensures implications of systems changes are understood by users and other systems professionals
• Conducts rollout planning, testing and scheduling of operating system deployments to ensure quality assurance of end product, including unit testing and systems integration. Receives and prioritizes service requests for systems changes and additions. Assigns tasks to team members as required. Manages Incidents within the incident management toolset. Monitors queues for new incidents, analyzes tickets, assesses and assigns tickets as required.Provides highest level technical support for incidents including liaison with vendor as required
• Conducts daily monitoring and maintenance of system infrastructure and operating systems
• Participates/leads projects including determining resource requirements.Develops project implementation plans, tracks progress of activities and negotiates changes to plans with project sponsors. Reviews all detailed systems specifications, schedules and implementation plans produced by team members
• Executes Problem and Change Management process for all server problems and changes
• Performs Windows Logical Volume planning and configuration;paging space definition and management
• Provides technical support,advice, and guidance for the delivery of effective business solutions
• Reviews and tests business solutions, operating systems and software application releases ensuring system and data integrity and functionality
• Provides full documentation including infrastructure and application change reports, user documentation, Technical Information Bulletins, etc., and assists with the development of policy, guidelines and standards
• Researches technology; monitors and assesses vendor advisories,industry trends and best practices;meets and works with vendors;develops and documents technology and service strategies; performs feasibility studies; recommends technology
• Support complex system configurations and standards for Citrix, VMware and MS HyperV platforms
• Advanced knowledge on supporting Microsoft Remote Desktop Services environments on Windows 2016 and 2019 (shared sessions and VDIs)
• Advanced and proven track record of engineering and supporting highly available Citrix environments involving XenApp and/or XenDesktop. (CCA highly preferred)
• Technical Knowledge on VMware product line (vSphere, Horizon View in particular) and SQL (VCA VMware Certified Associate highly preferred
• Networking concepts (TCP/IP,Routing,Firewalls,Network Security About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. Job Segment:
Consulting, Database, SQL, Cloud, Testing, Technology