BCIT Information Technology Services department is seeking a temporary, full-time UX Writer (Intermediate Systems Analyst). BCIT is in the middle of a website redesign and migration to WordPress. As a member of our Web Services team, you will play a crucial role in the development and deployment of content for this new website. You will collaborate with other members of the content and design teams to support key units across the institute, including BCIT marketing and key administrative units. You will plan and develop site content, and consult with designers in the creation of new components and other deliverables, reviewing creative with an eye toward content communication.
As a UX Writer, you strive to establish a unified voice and tone in the pursuit of engaging, on-brand experiences. You have a good grasp of how to incorporate high-level content strategy into effective user interface elements, using your flair for the written word to craft engaging experiences that help visitors achieve their goals.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Minimum two-year diploma in Computer Systems or bachelor’s degree in communications, science, business; and minimum six years of current, practical experience, of which at least two demonstrate experience in a content creation role, preferably in an educational setting.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated specific current IT knowledge.
- Proven commitment to providing and maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet changing priorities and multi-task while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be a team player and work well with cross-departmental teams.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and techniques.
- Commitment to regular ongoing professional development (including specific IT skills, professional associations, and current industry trends).
- High level of professionalism and ethics.
- Extensive experience writing and editing user-centred content for the web (text, error messages, and other microcopy components).
- Extensive experience with web content management systems, including workflow, and administration.
- Exceptional ability to support a community of web publishers from both a business and content creation perspective.
- Experience with creating and managing structured/intelligent content for the web.
- Understanding of current best practices in SEO and accessibility standards.
- Aptitude for visual and interactive thinking.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and consultative support skills.
- Knowledge of web usability design and information architecture principles.
- Excellent understanding of and adherence to process documentation.
- Experience working on websites for large and complex organizations (i.e., > 10,000 pages).
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3 and standard web technologies.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE AN ASSET:
- Graphic creation/production
- Strong attention to detail, customer focused, ability to learn and adapt quickly and with ease.
- A highly enthusiastic and effective oral/written communicator with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-organized with a methodical approach to work.
- Good sense of humour and an ability to prevent absurdity from affecting a commitment to results.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Fierce desire to meet deadlines.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT:
March 25, 2019 to January 17, 2020.
$52,761 to $72,386 per annum.
Prorated based on percentage of appointment.
Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlines in the Collective Agreement.
February 23, 2019
March 11, 2019