Imagine yourself as part of one of the most dynamic companies in the healthcare technology industry today! QHR Technologies is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart, a Loblaw Company. QHR is leading the way in Canadian healthcare technology, by providing solutions to assist healthcare professionals enrich their practices and improve the quality of care delivered to all Canadians across the country. We are looking for talented, inspired, and motivated people to join our incredible team and experience a workplace culture that stands above the rest! Competitive salaries and generous perks are just a few of the reasons that QHR has been voted one of BC's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017.
As a department and company, we look to our team of UX Researchers, Interaction Designers, UX Architects and UI Visual Designers to use their insight, empathy and intuition to support the product team to envision how people should experience our products and bring that vision to life with their passion, skills and talents.
As a design group, we love to service teams and create meaningful experiences that are intuitive, beautiful, and accessible, bringing real value to real people throughout a products lifecycle.
QHR is seeking an experienced UX/UI Design Team Manager that has all the skills needed to grow, direct and run our team of highly talented designer's in the Product development team. If you have a talent for identifying departments process challenges and the skills and experience needed to direct process solutions them this job could be for you. We are looking for an open, relevant, experienced Design Team Manager to manage and support the UX/UI design team.
You have a strong and deep background in user experience design. You know the latest UX design movements and have ideas on how to translate them into the department. You come loaded with relevant design knowledge and experience that's glued together with a self-starter spirit. You care about relationships and bring companies, stakeholders and designers together to create a highly efficient but inspiring and fun working environment. You are a confident listener and because of this you provide the team with opportunities to speak in to the departments processes and encourage them to take ownership in return.
The Mentor in you understands the importance of leadership. You have been fortunate to be shaped by creative leaders and in return you want to be a pro-active and positive influence in helping other designers in reaching their personal design aspirations. You are also still relevant and love to share your inspirational design heroes and current industry trends. You can recognize and empathize what stage a designer is at in their career and confidently support their challenges with solutions from a different, fresh and clear perspective.
Finally, because of this experience, the manager in you loves to support your team by designing efficient and scalable design processes to support the designer's workflow. You understand companies, company structure's and the need for standard practices and because of this you have the ability to spot problems, both on design projects and within team process. Finally, you are calm and patient and fearless, and because of this you give your team members the right amount of time to adapt to new ideas and grow accordingly.
To do this you will need to have:
• You have a systematic mind to define the department's systems and standard practices.
• You are both strategic and tactical when it comes to your work and related leadership voice.
• You can confidently direct the designers and design leads in the areas of team process and team member management.
• You are highly organized.
• You are a good listener.
• You have clear and precise communication skills. You know how to make stakeholders feel at ease, and then, how to ask the right questions.
• You naturally embrace empathy.
• You have experience in cross team collaboration, especially with product managers and the other key skills on the design team.
• You are up-to-date with the latest design processes needed to support user insights.
• You are up-to-date with the latest design trends that support leading design products.
• You have positive, pro-active design opinions, that are ready to inform the team and be open to change when its needed.
• You love to coach and grow designers through their career.
• Your confidence is based on your experience, and because of this you have the capacity to allow you to take on large challenges.
• And finally, you have a great attitude that thrives on openness and you're always open to feedback from design leads, team members and stakeholders.
You will lead and manage the department in areas such as:
• You will own and lead the team.
• You will lead the team's growth by identifying resource opportunities and running the hiring process and onboarding tasks.
• You will define and maintain the departments and design processes and related documentation.
• You will work with other discipline team leads to establish wider standard practices and processes.
• You will look for ways to foster creativity in the department and beyond.
• You will identify your teams' passions and grow opportunities for them on the team.
• You will continue work to define the departments roles and responsibilities and related documentation.
• You will support the team with one on ones and related career growth.
• You will identify and organize the team members training days.
• You will visit our offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
• You will lead department sessions like stand-ups and retrospectives to direct process efficiency.
• You will define the team's key performance indicators and presenting the team's performance to the lead.
• You will use the team's key performance indicators to create business case's for resource growth.
• You will proactively and positively promote the design groups value to the wider teams and beyond.
• You will perform feedback and planning sessions if needed.
• You will help the department facilitate the projects and tasks.
• You can support the team by attending project kick off meetings to plot and direct project courses.
• You will grow your role and structure the department accordingly.
• You will be open to taking on design projects if your capacity allows.
• Proven and relevant 10+ year(s) experience as a rounded and UX/UI designer with management experience.
• Experience working in corporate environment as well as startups is an asset.
• BA Hons degree in design or related Education.
• Outstanding design portfolio highlighting your talent on web and mobile including responsive design and native apps.
• Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate complex interaction design concepts at all levels.
• An individual that is both a self-starter and can self-organize.
• An insatiable appetite for design and a willingness to learn new skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Great communication skills.
Sound interesting? Ready for the challenge? So, if you believe you have all the design chops and experience needed, why not consider joining our team to make the difference!
• Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting yo How to Apply http://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=11728fb