Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, podcasts, books and more? Do you believe getting to content you love and discovering your next favorite can be made easier and more exciting? Come join a team of Researchers and Designers on the Alexa Entertainment UX team and help shape the future of entertainment for millions of Alexa customers.
We are seeking a User Experience Researcher to bring customer insights into every phase of the product development process, ensuring the organization has the data and inspiration needed to build delightful entertainment experiences. Our research work ranges from generative to evaluative studies, immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies, to data analytics. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
Key job responsibilities
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through field research, surveys, personas, lab studies, and other methods (existing or invented) that you identify to be most effective
- Create repeatable and scalable mechanisms to evaluate design solutions from a holistic customer perspective
- Work closely with product and design teams to promote research best-practices, build resources, and train team members to enable them to execute their own research projects
- Work with Business Intelligence to triangulate insights with key metrics (e.g. usage, engagement) by customer segment and develop regular ways to report on recommended actions
- Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types leading to focused, insightful, and actionable insights that persuade and inspire partners and decision makers to take concerted, informed actions
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience in related field
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCDE, or related research science field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports)
- The ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and leverage research frameworks
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Experience in multimodal systems design research, media and consumer domains
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology, and user experience and role of user research
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Creative and Graphic Design