IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a UX Designer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define information architecture, wireframes and mockups that adhere to UX best practices
- Conduct user research and testing to guide design decisions and user flows
- Work closely with engineers to push the limits of existing web technology and UX
- Present design ideas to clients, stakeholders, and peers for review, working within an iterative design process
- Advocate for UX throughout the organization and act as a steward for user research and design thinking
- Show the value of UX through measurable metrics (analytics, conversions, customer satisfaction, and so on)
- Create and maintain UI design systems for our web and mobile apps
- Mentor and support a dynamic, growing design team
Top Skills Required
- Degree or diploma in a UI/UX/design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design for digital products
- Ability to distill complex problems and workflows down into simple, intuitive designs
- Strong foundation in Visual Design practices including knowledge of composition, color theory and typography
- Experience executing a wide variety of UX research methods and techniques
- Proven ability to write, analyze and present findings from usability tests – and then optimize designs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate design rationale and user needs alongside technical constraints
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and interpreting feedback to design iteratively
- Strong proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Stand-out portfolio of previous product design work with write-ups of your design process and problem-solving skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.