UX Designer III
Reference ID: 344197
Address of employer: 510 West Georgia Street,
Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Work closely with product owners, software developers, programmers and other designers to create innovative design solutions for software that impact millions of users, and develop best-in-class consumer experiences, including user interface designs, interaction models, and prototypes. Define and design device interfaces across platforms, and perform end to end design of large-scale projects that focus on a user-centered design approach. Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements. Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints, opportunities and usability findings. Work closely with product management, engineering and company leaders to bring projects from early stage product concepts to launch. Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors. Present design work to the user experience team, product team, senior leaders and executives for review and feedback. Conceive and create designs that address both the primary user as well as business goals, and translate business needs into customer-focused solutions. Work on multiple projects concurrently while handling different types of design requests. Refine, maintain and enforce current design guidelines and strategies. Adeptly handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle. Present design solutions to a wide variety of teams and departments.
$84,000 to $146,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• 6+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field such as Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, or Computer Science.
• At least four years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
• At least four years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
• Minimum of two years of experience using wireframing and prototyping tools for presenting your ideas.
• At least one year of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019