Description What to expect as Elastic Path's User Interface Designer?
As part of Elastic Path's Product Development team you will work with UX designers and Front End Developers to work on a variety of user interfaces for Elastic Path products. You have a solid understanding of user experience and human-computer interaction (HCI) design principles to build great interfaces using research, wireframing, mock-ups, visual design and low and high-fidelity prototyping skills.
This role is ideal for a user interface designer who is looking to move into more of a user experience / product designer role with mentorship from our UX design team.A link to your design portfolio will be required for consideration, please submit this as part of your application.
We are looking for a candidate to be located in Vancouver, BC, or Toronto, ON. This position can be remote, from the above locations or any other locations in ET or PT. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model. Key Responsibilities:
In this role you will apply your passion for interface and visual design while collaborating with a multi-discipline team including UX design, product management, product development, education, and more.
We're looking for someone with a thoughtful, collaborative and iterative creative process to execute UI design work that supports the end-to-end process of digital product development. The candidate should be comfortable in storytelling and visualizing experiences with a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create interfaces that delight users while taking into consideration various limitations. The right candidate understands and works in the intersection of user experience, user interface and visual design.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Create design deliverables such as site maps, sketches, wireframes, UI mock-ups, low and high-fidelity prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Comfortable with our design tool of choice, Figma
- Interact with key business, design & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and execute on requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Apply Agile principles to design process -- provide multiple options, nourish incremental and iterative process, and understand that the first idea is not always the best
- Work effectively with Product Managers, UX Designers, Development Team members and other stakeholders to deliver stunning User Interfaces
- Contribute to maturing UX / UI practices across Elastic Path's cross functional product teams
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around UI architecture and interaction design direction
- Contribute to Elastic Path's emerging design system
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
Who we are:
- 1+ years of experience in designing and mocking up user interfaces, interaction design and crafting prototypes for the B2C and / or B2B market
- Solid understanding of UI design methodology and practices with demonstrated design capabilities and skills
- Solid understanding of UX design methodology and practices
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping, and usability testing for digital products
- Always up to date with the latest UX and UI trends, techniques and technologies and being able to apply them to create great user interfaces
- Experience with a wide range of design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe, etc)
- Ability to think creatively, but also pragmatically.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page .Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide a collaborative and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming