MDA is one of Canada' s largest engineering companies developers of advanced information solutions for space, land, and maritime applications. As an ISR Company, MDA has delivered a number of large intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions to defence departments in Canada, Australia, and other government customers around the world.
The UAV Technician reports to the deployed Assignment Manager through to the Senior Maintenance Manager based at MDA&rsquo s Richmond, BC facility. This role supports and maintains the UAVs at a designated deployed location as a part of an overseas or domestic mission. The position is embedded within the CAF deployment team and as such must be a Canadian citizen or hold residency status and be able to gain a secret security clearance. This role will be a vital support to the CAF deployment and will generally follow the same deployment periods as their military counterparts. The deployments may be for several months at a time and be at sea or at an overseas location supporting forces on the ground.
This is a great opportunity for a Technician who relishes the deployment experience. Responsibilities Maintain the UAV system equipment:
Maintain the EO/IR and other payloads:
- Perform the daily and routine maintenance inspections of the UAV System
- Carry out maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification as necessary
- Complete all maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of the Air Vehicle components and GSTE (Ground Specialist Support Equipment)
- Implement software upgrades to the UAV System components as required
- Conduct and interpret Built In Test (BIT) and subsystem test programs
Have a full understanding and experience of technical airworthiness and Safety Management System disciplines
- Perform maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of the EO/IR and other sensors as required
- Complete maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification of other payloads if required
- Reconfigure the UAV payload between sensor configurations
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System and subsystems
- Be an active participant in the MDA UAV Services Safety Management System
- Conduct maintenance and work activities within regulatory Health & Safety and technical airworthiness regulations
- Be an active participant in the maintenance of MDA UAV Services&rsquo environmental management program
- Complete operational and maintenance records and documentation
- Control the UAV System&rsquo s software and hardware configurations
- Use UAV System maintenance manuals as per the formal training program
Following formal technical training and pre-deployment training. The contract will be up to 6 years on rotational deployment to operational sites designated by MDA. Comments/Special Considerations
Must be a Canadian citizen or resident. Must be able to gain a secret security clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019