MDA is one of Canada' s largest systems engineering companies developers of advanced information system solutions for space, land, and maritime applications. As an ISR Company, MDA has delivered a number of large operational intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions to defence departments in Canada, Australia, and other government customers around the world. The position(s):
The Air Vehicle Operator reports to the MDA Site Manager and will operate the UAV from a designated deployed location as a part of an overseas mission on a rotation of 8 weeks on 4 weeks off. This is a great opportunity for a trained Pilot/Operator with previous deployment experience.Primary ActivitiesResponsibilities
: Operate the UAV system equipment
- Perform the preflight checks and inspections of UAV System.
- Fly the UAV as the primary pilot/operator.
- Operate the Electo-Optic system.
- Be familiar with the normal operating procedures and the emergency procedures.
- Be able to perform the Built In Test (BIT), trouble-shoot known technical issues and perform functional check flights after maintenance activities.
- Coordinate with the local ATC (Air Traffic Control).
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System. Be capable of using and maintaining the operation records and documentation.
- Complete operator logs and records.
- Use and update operator manuals.
- Assist the Site Manager in the performance of his/her duties.
Candidate Profile Requirements (experience/skills):
- Define mission scenarios.
- Coordinate with the customer&rsquo s operational organizations.
- Supervise team preparation for mission.
- Brief the team before the mission.
- Responsible for implementation of operational decisions such as dealing with emergencies and mission updates.
- Conduct post flight briefing.
- Additional supervisory and operations roles may be available to suitable candidates, in addition to AVO duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous military air operations or previous deployed experience essential.
- UAV experience an asset.
- Military operational experience required and deployed experience an asset.
- Willing to be trained and committed to the task.
Following formal training and pre-deployment training, the contract will be up to 4 years on rotational deployment to MDA operational sites. Comments/Special Considerations
Must be able to gain a secret security clearance.
Posted: November 13, 2017
Closes:January 5, 2018