MDA is one of Canada' s largest engineering companies developers of advanced information solutions for space, land, and maritime applications. As an ISR Company, MDA has delivered a number of large intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions to defence departments in Canada, Australia, and other government customers around the world.
The Unmanned Aircraft Operator (UAO) reports to the MDA Operations Manager based in Richmond, British Columbia, and will operate the Unmanned Aircraft at a deployed location as a part of an overseas mission, or within Canada, in support of the Canadian Armed Forces. The position is embedded within the CAF deployment team and as such must be a Canadian citizen or hold residency status and be able to gain a secret security clearance. This role will be a vital support to the CAF deployment and will follow the same deployment periods as their military counterparts. The deployments may be for several months at a time and be at sea or at an overseas location supporting forces on the ground.
This is a great opportunity for a Pilot/Operator who relishes the deployment experience. Responsibilities Operate the UAV system equipment:
- Perform the preflight checks and inspections of UAV System.
- Fly the UAV as the primary pilot/operator.
- Operate the Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) system and other sensors, as required.
- Execute the normal operating procedures and emergency procedures.
- Coordinate with the Operations Staff to deliver a comprehensive mission plan.
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System. Be capable of using and maintaining the operation records and documentation.
- Complete all necessary operator logs and records.
- Use and update operator manuals.
- Assist the assigned Deployment Manager in the performance of duties.
- Define mission scenarios.
- Coordinate with the customer&rsquo s operational organizations.
- Supervise team preparation for mission.
- Brief the team before the mission.
- Responsible for implementation of operational decisions such as dealing with emergencies and mission updates.
- Conduct post flight briefing.
- Additional supervisory and operations roles may be available to suitable candidates, in addition to AVO duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous military air operations or previous deployed experience essential.
- UAV experience an asset.
- Military operational experience required and deployed experience an asset.
- Willingness to be trained and committed to the task.
Following formal training and pre-deployment training, the contract will be up to 6 years on deployment to operational sites as directed by MDA. Comments/Special Considerations
Must be a Canadian citizen or resident. Must be able to gain a secret security clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019