Job Description Summary
This new role at the largest biotechnology company in Canada offers a unique opportunity to support leading edge scientific research around the world.
The Treasury & Tax Analyst will be a new addition to the existing Tax and Treasury Team at STEMCELL, based in Vancouver BC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Cash and Debt coordination, reporting and analysis. In addition, this individual will assist with short-term and long-term International, Canadian and US tax and treasury projects.
The role is critical in ensuring that the STEMCELL Group of Companies maintain compliance with tax authorities and other regulatory bodies. This role will be responsible for research and analysis and for providing recommendations related to various projects and functions. There is a strong opportunity to thrive in this role by understanding current and future business needs.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash forecasts across legal entities and consolidate data from subsidiaries
- Develop and maintain financial models and document key banking relationships
- Support and develop efficiencies amongst the Finance Team and update processes as needed
- Report and periodically evaluate STEMCELL's hedging efficiency
- Consolidate and reconcile on a monthly basis all inter-company transactions and ensure their settlement
- Prepare legal entity tax filings in Canada, US and other regulatory filings as required including working with internal teams
- Lead preparation of US and Canadian indirect sales tax filings and payments including liaising with third party service providers
- Support global tax planning and process improvement initiatives as well as other related matters on an ad hoc basis
- Perform tax research as necessary and assist on analysis of income tax consequences
- Assist with research and analysis on various tax projects (e.g. entrance into new tax jurisdictions, customer billing issues)
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Professional designation of CPA, Chartered Accountant or Certified Treasury Professional completed, or in process, is a benefit
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with an ability to understand complex financial information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate across STEMCELL and externally
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA), data cleansing/analytics and visualization experience coupled with software knowledge (e.g. UiPath, Blue Prism, Alteryx and/or Tableau) would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently in a high growth environment with strong ownership and ability to continually improve
- Proficiency with MS Office and/or Google Suite
- Experience with an ERP system is desirable (SAP preferred)
- Experience with tax software would be an asset (e.g. Vertex/Avalara, Taxprep, etc.)
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Banking, Finance and Insurance