Would you like to join a team focused on producing content for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) field? Our AWS field audience includes sellers, Account Managers, Solutions Architects, and Professional Services consultants. As part of the Enablement, Training, and Communications (ETC) organization, our team supports key Knowledge Management (KM) and Seller Journey initiatives, driving awareness and alignment of top-line priorities and supporting ETC goals for speed, scale, and quality. We need help in building out the training and enablement strategy that will support our goal for self-service content creation. You will own the eLearning courses, the video channel, the how-to instructions, and the peer-to-peer community that enables self-service authoring and publishing on our field enablement portal. Our objective is to train subject matter experts (SMEs) to author and publish on our KM platform to help us deliver information quickly to the field, and identify and close gaps in content coverage. You have a passion for helping sellers serve AWS customers, a strong understanding of information development in web and rich media, and experience driving user generated content.
You will build, foster, and retain a community of content contributors that support topic areas or content types. You will assist in approving, training, and incentivizing the contributors. You will work with these stakeholders to enable them to create and deliver content to the field that is relevant, usable, accurate, actionable, and easy to find. You will empower the community to validate content and provide support to content requesters. You will help develop and operationalize a training strategy for all stakeholders. As a result of your efforts, the field will get the knowledge they need to work effectively and efficiently throughout the sales cycle, so they can maximize face time with customers.
This is a great opportunity to partner cross-functionally with like-minded individuals who are similarly obsessed with helping the field ensure customer success. You'll partner closely with SMEs in Product Marketing Management, Go-to-Market Specialized Sales, Go-to-Field Enablement, Operations, and Training & Certification teams who support a wide range of programs. You'll provide platform training and self-service enablement to SMEs in many areas: for example, Services & Solutions, Industries, Partners, Training & Enablement, and Sales Operations & Tools. You'll partner with the Platform Development team to drive requirements for new features and functionality that serve our Easy Content Creation initiative, with the aim of enabling content contributors to create and maintain content on their own.
What else makes this role exciting? You'll work closely with talented product, program, and development managers in the areas of search, collaboration, operations, and learning/content management systems. You'll work with content experts like Information Architects, Content Strategists, Operations leads, and Technical Writers to drive strategic initiatives. We're part of an organization with growing scope, and with leadership that's heavily investing in KM strategy, where our current focus is on content quality, governance, search, and self-service content creation.
• Manage just-in-time training and continuous learning for content contributors, understanding how changes to the platform impact authoring, and proactively driving changes to make self-service content creation easier.
• Build, incentivize, and retain the regions' content contributor community, to leverage the embedded geo communications leads and network to find new SMEs to address content gaps, and to harmonize regional and worldwide content.
• Support activities to evolve the platform for easy content creation: defining requirements, writing business rules, attending feature demos, doing user acceptance testing, verifying bug fixes, communicating changes, and managing stakeholders.
• Take a consultative approach, coaching content contributors through the authoring, archival, and publishing processes when the training materials don't adequately support self-service.
• Continuously improve the self-service content creation hub to meet the content authors' training and support needs.
• Contribute to the team's efforts to raise our content quality bar by establishing guidelines for content structure, metadata provisions, term management, asset management, page templates, and authoring standards.
• Partner with the ETC University's Sales Academy leads to enable their teams to deliver their content through the field enablement portal, with no-to-low reliance on our central Content team, so that the self-serve paradigm is deeply entrenched in our own org and scalable to the field.
• Support your peer program managers in developing new mechanisms for content quality and content analytics, using Voice-of-the-Field mechanisms to develop customer insights and action plans.
Other preferred locations: Seattle, WA/ Dallas, TX/ Boston, MA/ Arlington, VA/ Vancouver Canada/ or other Virtual locations in the US or Canada where Amazon has a presence will be considered.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of experience developing eLearning content for a technical audience.
• Exceptional writing, editing, organization, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Experience using data analytics to measure content performance and identify actionable insights.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• A content-first, tools-agnostic mindset.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Technical Communications, or related field, or comparable job experience.
• High-level understanding of cloud computing, preferably with an understanding of AWS products, solutions, and services.
• Project and/or product management experience in an Agile environment.
• Experience working successfully in teams and helping others in your team succeed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Management and Executive