Job Description Summary
Would you like to apply your Trade Compliance knowledge and experience in a way that will have a positive impact on advancing scientific research in fields such as cancer and immunology? If you thrive in fast-paced, innovative environments and have strong accuracy and attention to detail, then this role at STEMCELL Technologies-Canada's largest biotech company-might be the perfect fit!
The Trade Compliance Specialist is key in ensuring that Trade Compliance policies, procedures, and other requirements for our products and materials are adhered to and followed. This includes supporting day-to-day export and import activities, while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of trade compliance documents and data.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Generate Trade Compliance documentation as needed, including export certificate requests, certificates of origin - including managing Chamber of Commerce endorsements, declarations, and permit supporting documentation as needed
- Point of contact for internal customers requesting HS Code determinations and other general Trade Compliance queries and process service provider invoices and track costing related to Trade Compliance
- Day-to-day liaison with Custom Brokers and other external partners to resolve clearance and other shipment issues
- Administer Trade Compliance tools, including but not limited to Customer Screening in Amber Road, and Exclusions and Restrictions in SAP
- Trade data determinations including country of origin, free trade agreement qualification, and tariff codes across all STEMCELL jurisdiction, and any other data required to perform import and export activities
- Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma, preferably in a Supply Chain discipline
- 2 years' experience in a similar role preferred
- Ability to work with and/or provide timely and accurate information to internal stakeholders
- Highly detailed with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics